GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION - Heritage KidMin Pastor
Heritage Church 6195 Cleburne Boulevard (P.O. Box 1565) Dublin, VA 24084 540.674.9220
FaceBook - HeritageChurchDublinVA
Position Title: Pastor of Kid’s Ministries (Infant - 5th grade)
Accountable To: Lead Pastor
Denomination: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 250+
Job Type: Full-Time
Passion For: Ministering to kids and families, serving the church and community, serving on a team to build God’s kingdom.
The Kid’s Pastor provides direction and oversight for kid’s ministry at Heritage Church (infant – 5th grade). Heritage Church offers kid’s services for 9am and 11am services as well as 10am Sunday School on Sunday mornings, and 7pm Wednesday nights.
The Kid’s Pastor is to help lead kids and their families in spiritual restoration, growth, and evangelism. They will also provide leadership, development, and direction for Heritage KidMin and volunteer teams as it relates to the vision of Heritage Church.
COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Be a mature, Holy Spirit filled, committed follower of Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitudes, and behaviors.
- Be in agreement with Heritage Church’s doctrinal statements and constitution/bylaws.
- Be reliable, take initiative, and be self-motivated.
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation, and creativity.
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion and confidentiality.
- Have a cooperative, healthy, and motivating relationship with pastor, staff, and volunteers.
- Posses a teachable attitude and desire to be a life long learner.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, SPIRITUAL GIFTS:
- Be a leader with evident annointing and calling to kid’s ministry.
- Have evident training.
- Have at least 2 years in a full-time ministry position.
- Experience in recruiting, equipping, and maintaining volunteer leaders to minister to children and families.
- Experience in implementing/developing children’s ministry programs.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to children and their families - A passion to see families grow in their faith together.
- Currently holds, or willing to seek credentials with the Assemblies of God.
- Be a team player with a loving concern for the whole church, having a good rapport with all generations.
- Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, Publisher, Pages), and the capacity to learn new software.
- The Kid’s Pastor provides leadership, training, support, and oversight to part- time Nursery Director (infant – 2 years) and numerous student/adult volunteer workers. This position is also directly responsible for all early childhood ministries (3 years –
- The Kid’s Pastor works closely with the Youth Pastor and is responsible for the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation of children and equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their
- Provide vision, strategy, & development for all kid’s ministry environments (birth – 5th grade).
- Provide leadership, direction, and training for all kid’s ministry staff (currently part-time Nursery Coordinator).
- Review, purchase, and oversee the implementation of all curriculums for the large group/small group teaching environments (2 years – 5th grade).
- Direct oversight of all early childhood ministries (3 years – kindergarten).
- Recruit and oversee all early childhood volunteers providing leadership, training, and appreciation.
- Maintain safe, clean, and developmentaly appropriate early childhood learning environments.
- Responsible for check-in procedures and tracking weekly attendance.
- Development of christian students through worship, discipleship, evangelism, ministry, and fellowship.
- Planning of 2 annual outreaches (Easter+Fall) and kid’s Christmas play/ musical.
- Planning of events and activities in conjunction with the church calendar.
- Assist in leading/coordinating Heritage Transportation Ministry.
- Developing, planning, and promotion of fund raising events.
- Works with other staff members to support, encourage, and serve when
- Be visible at all key events.
Ministerial Staff Duties:
- He/She is directly responsible to the Lead Pastor and will maintain a spiritual and loyal relationship as a friend and co-worker in the work of the Lord.
- He/She is to work with other staff members in a spirit of friendliness and helpfulness. He/She will coordinate their activities with them and be available as appropriated or deemed necessary.
- In order to assist the overall ministry of the church, the Kid’s Pastor will become acquainted with and support the total ministries of the church.
- He/She is to attend staff meetings.
- He/She is to keep his/her office in an organized and professional manner at
- He/She is to keep regular office hours. Keeping to the nature of the ministry
we fully understand that ministry occurs outside the walls of the church. While we reconize this we also reqiure staff memebers to keep set office hours that they are available to staff and congregation.
- When any misunderstanding arises among staff or leadership, he/she will not relate this misunderstanding to others, but rather, follow the procedure outlined in Mathew 18:15-17. If after personally going to the other person and the conflict still exist, he/she
is then to go to the Lead Pastor immediately so the problem is resolved. He/She will not allow misunderstandings or inter-office conflicts to remain in his/her heart, but resolve them prayerfully and scripturally, so unity and love can permeate he/ her relationships.
If you are interested in applying for this postion, please send your resume, along with a cover letter and references to email@example.com.