1. Model a commitment to Jesus Christ.
2. Be personable and clear when communicating with people by phone, in person and by email.
3. Must possess a solid working knowledge of computers and related software; familiarity with computer networks, printers and databases.
4. Knowledge of computer graphics and basic design skills using Adobe InDesign are desirable as editing materials such as postcards, brochures, and flyers are part of the job.
5. Must be personable, dependable, and flexible, have the ability to work under pressure, possess good time-management skills, and be well organized. A servant heart is a plus!
6. Accuracy and thoroughness is required in completion of work activities. Must be able to sit for prolonged periods and efficiently operate a variety of office equipment (i.e., computer, calculator, copier, fax, postage meter and other office equipment) and
to be skilled in troubleshooting. Must be motivated to look for potential oversights and proactively suggest solutions.
7. Must be able to see the overall “big picture” of Calvary ministries and proactively connect the dots. It is expected that candidates for this position would be enthusiastic about Calvary’s Vision and direction. All Ministry Assistants are to act as liaisons
8. Must be a self-starter and have the ability to stay focused and work without close supervision.
9. Must work well in a team environment as well as independently.
10. Expected to comply with all company policies and procedures.
11. Regularly participate in public worship at Calvary Church and is actively volunteering in at least one ministry area.
12. Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Calvary Church found in our Constitution and By Laws.
13. Must remain a member in good standing at Calvary Church.
The primary focus of this position is to enhance the effectiveness of Calvary’s Pastoral Staff by providing high level administrative support by performing critical clerical functions, scheduling meetings, handling information requests, preparing statistical
reports and various materials for meetings, classes, training events, and conducting research for buying curriculum. Duties may include a combination of assistance with retreats and activities, communication with teams, scheduling volunteers, creating and
distributing communication materials and other tasks as assigned.
The secondary focus of this position is to work in a mutually supportive manner with Calvary’s administrative staff to meet overall needs of Calvary as they arise.
1. Carry out administrative responsibilities for assigned ministry areas. Occasionally may be asked to be present as specific support role during an evening or weekend event. Comp time would be accrued when/if these occasional events occur.
2. Produces materials for Children’s, Youth, Discipleship and Care ministries under guidance of Communications Director including: information cards, brochures, flyers, and other printed materials as needed. Will need to perform duties such as transcribing,
formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
3. Update and maintain database. Assist with mailing labels, group emails, class lists, etc. as needed.
4. Participate in meetings with the Communications Director as needed. Follow up on any resulting action items in a timely manner.
5. Proof written materials to ensure the highest level of accuracy.
6. Organize and store program materials.
7. Responsible for producing and distributing communication materials to Children, Youth and Parents.
8. Organize and catalog photos for various events.
9. Conserve pastor’s/director’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating phone calls.
10. Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
11. Coordinate and direct office services, such as records and budget preparation, personnel, and housekeeping, in order to aid pastors/directors.
12. Review operating practices and procedures in order to determine whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflow, reporting procedures, or expenditures.
13. Welcome on-site guests, determine needs, and direct accordingly.
14. Maintain a current knowledge of all Calvary ministries and events.
15. Handle confidential information in a proper and secure manner.
16. Perform miscellaneous copying, mailing, and filing as directed.
17. Work in a mutually supportive manner with Calvary’s administrative staff to meet overall needs of Calvary as they arise.
18. Attend a monthly support staff meeting.
1. Report to the Discipleship Pastor, Care Pastor, Children’s Ministry Director, Jr. High Ministry Director, and Sr. High Pastor for accountability, support, and communication of job responsibilities.
2. Work closely with Communications Director on all printed materials produced.
3. Interact in a Christ-like, professional manner with all who call or come into the office.
4. Interface directly with all members of the staff, church leaders and the entire congregation.
5. Work as a team member with other pastoral and support staff.
6. Work with volunteers as needed.