Kid City Director
Cityline in a non-denominational Christian Church in the county of Los Angeles.
For more about Cityline Church please www.citylineonline.org
Kid City Director is currently a Part-time (30hrs/wk) staff position with the potential growth of Full-time in the near future.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed.
- Work with the Lead Pastor and Kid City team to develop a carry out the vision for nursery, preschool and elementary kid’s ministries.
- Coordinate Sunday morning gatherings and any current or future mid-week ministries for nursery, preschool, and elementary children.
- Recruit, train, develop, and schedule volunteers to direct the overall ministry to nursery, preschool and elementary children at Cityline. Maintain a strong and healthy volunteer culture.
- Plans for and implements the training, development, and appreciation of all volunteers and ministry leads to children birth through 5th
- Responsible for meeting space organization, environment and maintenance.
- Serve as a resource to children, parents, and volunteers.
- Develops outreach and follow-up to families with small children
- Directs the ordering of any and all supplies, needed in the nursery, preschool, elementary ministries.
- Resource room maintenance, inventory, materials, supplies.
- Directs programming, curriculum preparation, activities, supplies.
- Maintains and monitors Children’s check in process and family data.
- Coordinates all needs for special events childcare.
- Responsible for any additional responsibilities as agreed upon at the discretion of the direct supervisor.
- Can both lead and thrive in a team-based environment.
- Plans ahead, organized, teachable, responsive and respectful.
- Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture. Able to lead and mentor others with wisdom and grace.
- Highly relational, with the experience and ability to recruit, equip and mobilize volunteers and teams, setting clear expectations.
- Totally dependable but flexible with a natural “bent” to be proactive, take initiative, have the ability to be self-directed and work independently without supervision
- Strong communication skills with the ability to resolve issues in a professional manner.
- A Christ follower, with a consistent, growing walk with Jesus Christ.
- Minimum of 1 yr. of experience leading in a church or ministry setting
- Have obtained or currently working toward a form of higher education.
- Creativity, responsible for creating an atmosphere that invites kids to take a next step in their faith.
- Strong project management and people skills
- Ability to lead and maintain a healthy vision for Children’s ministry that aligns with Cityline’s vision and values.
- Possess a servant’s heart and a passion to see kids grow in their knowledge of Jesus.
This is currently a Part-time (30hrs/wk) staff position with the potential growth of Full-time.