Fox River Christian Church has been in Waukesha, Wisconsin, since 1985, when it was known as Pilgrim Baptist. A lot has changed beside the name. Countless people across multiple communities have had an opportunity to experience God, commit their lives to
following Jesus, and take up leadership within the church. Our number has grown to 2500 and two campuses have been added to the Fox River family, which means the Kingdom of God is on the move. The mission has never changed: to help people have their God-shaped
hole filled and to follow Jesus. We center ourselves around our vision for people to know God, find freedom, discover purpose and make a difference.
We are looking for a Communication Director to craft and articulate the story of the mission and vision of Fox River Christian Church by creating and overseeing the strategy for all internal and external communications. This would include:
- Develop and maintain system to organize, prioritize and communicate promotional items related to Fox River.
- Create communication strategies to market, inform and promote teaching series, big events and other ministry activities.
- Oversee all written materials, writing or approving all church-wide collateral materials.
Web and Social Media
- Manage all efforts related to the creation and development of Fox River Christian Church’s website(s).
- Proactively work with IT and the Creative Team to make sure Fox River maintains an effective presence on the web including style/presence, search engines, and new technology.
- Write or approve church website materials.
- Manage ongoing social media messaging and communication strategies for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to build following.
- Communicate style guide, communication strategy, and social media strategy to staff and key volunteers; follow up to ensure implementation across Fox River.
- Assist leadership by formulating internal communication messages to staff and key volunteer leaders. Provide input on disseminating information related to church projects, changes to staff, etc.
- Design and implement internal communications processes.
Marketing and Brand Management
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a strategic marketing, communications and digital campaign that will enhance Fox River’s message in our surrounding communities.
- Form and administer traditional and digital marketing strategies and communication plans to expand and grow the ministries, campuses, and events.
- Ensure Fox River’s brand is consistently communicated throughout our campuses, our ministries, and each sermon series.
- Manage the use of logos and images that represent Fox River Christian Church.
Manage the Creative Team
- Oversee and organize the Creative Team to design and implement the creative elements used in worship services and other services and ministries as needed.
- Responsible for the healthy functioning of the team and the care and development of team members.
- Strong verbal and writing/editing communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead, manage, or work with diverse groups and in a team
- Attention to detail, commitment to accuracy, and ability to produce high-quality work
- Able to create strategy, plan, organize and multi-task in a deadline intensive environment
- Committed and growing disciple of Jesus Christ, exhibiting a servant’s heart and Christian character
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing, or Social Media or related field preferred
- Two years’ experience in Communications; local church experience is a plus
Fox River as a whole is in a real sweet spot, being only 30 minutes from Milwaukee and about an hour from Madison. Whether you’re interested in a day trip to Milwaukee’s lake front or a tour of the capital in Madison, there’s plenty to explore. And of course,
this is Wisconsin. There’ll be plenty of snow for skiing, snowboarding, ice skating, snow-shoeing, building snowmen, crafting an igloo, or anything in between. We love our seasons and we’re sure you will too.