TITLE OF POSITION: Groups and Discipleship Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Student Ministry Pastor
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time, 40 hours/week
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The Groups Coordinator will serve on the Student Ministry Team and as a greater part of the BACC staff. Their primary responsibilities will be maintaining BASM’s Community groups for middle, high school and college students including
but not limited to, recruiting and training leaders, developing message content, and running Wednesday night program.
- Spiritually mature: models the lifestyle of a passionate, maturing follower of Jesus
- Enthusiastically models God’s vision for Bay Area Student Ministry
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to work flexible hours. Must be able to work evenings/weekend as needed
- Reliable, hard worker who multitasks well
- Self-starter who shows initiative and innovation skills
- Creative in nature with an eye for photography and design
- Ability to prioritize and to be flexible as projects and their importance shift
- Team player who works well with various personalities and has consistent positive influence within the BASM Team
- Teachable and approachable
- Has a heart for Students- middle, high and college.
1) Recruit and train leaders
- Spend time identifying and directly asking perspective leaders (for middle, high, and college)
- Run beginning of the year training for all leaders
- Oversee student discipleship program
- Plan and run monthly leader huddle that builds upon previous training.
- Building relationships with leaders that conveys care
2) Assist in writing curriculum
- Work alongside the gatherings coordinator to plan sunday and wednesday program curriculum
- Work alongside the basm team to cultivate retreat themes and programming curriculum.
- Create leader discussion questions and guide which is to be communicated with leaders before the event.
3) Run Wednesday night program
- Communicate with parents, students and leaders about event details
- Run programming for Wednesday night gathering including- games, food, facilitating discussion groups, being an upfront presence, etc…
- connect and building relationships with students and leaders.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS DESIRED:
- Willing to attend Bay Area
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, youth ministry, human services, education or related field
- Extensive experience in
- Previous professional experience utilizing social media to promote events
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop and InDesign preferred
- Must have reliable transportation