About the Church:
A healthy, growing church in South Florida is searching for an Associate Pastor of Students and Families. It is a great church and an excellent opportunity.
Here's a brief overview of the ministry:
- Currently runs approximately 1,300-1,800.
- Modern style of worship
- Sits on 28 gorgeous acres on an incredible location in an upscale section of the region.
- Has a 1,000 seat worship center, gymnasium and lots of educational space.
- Has a 50-year old, stable PK-12 school with about 750 students and a seasoned and competent leadership team in place.
- Church has an Independent Baptist history, but in the last 10 years has affiliated with the SBC.
- Super multi-cultural -- about 50% Caribbean, 25% Latino and 25% Caucasian. Several dozen nationalities and cultures represented across the congregation.
- Financially healthy with a low debt-to-asset ratio.
- Tremendous potential for growth and expansion.
- Conservative theologically, but very culturally relevant in application.
Job Description: Associate Pastor of Students and Families
Principal Function: The principle function of the Associate Pastor of Students & Families is to implement and carry out a vision to lead people to imitate Christ in making disciples of all nations.
Qualifications: Looking for an experienced, married, Student Ministries Pastor (preferably 4 years). The preffered expectation is the candidate will have a 4 year undergraduate degree for this position.
Supervisor: Lead Pastor
Hours: Because student and family ministry is intensely relational, the Associate Pastor of Students and Families will work 40 hours per week.
Primary Responsibility: Oversee and lead all student ministry functions, discipleship, and evangelism.
Responsibilities: The Associate Pastor of Students & Families is responsible for the following:
• Mold the student ministry into one that reflects the mission of the church, including leading the ministry to the point of having an annual Disciple Now Weekend, annual mission trip/student camp, plan regular outreach events.
• Lead a weekly student gathering (Wednesday night) with worship music, games, and biblical teaching.
• Organize Sunday morning small groups.
• Attend weekly Staff Meeting.
• Perform other responsibilities as determined by the Lead Pastor.
• Assist the Lead Pastor and Worship Pastor in planning creative worship experiences.
• Primary Responsibility: Oversee and lead all student ministry (6th-12 grade) functions, discipleship, and evangelism.
• Involve parents in ministry to students by equipping parents to faithfully lead their students to follow to Jesus.
• Enlist and train adult volunteers to lead student to imitate Jesus and influence the world with the gospel.
• Conduct adult volunteer screening interviews to recruit the right people to serve in the student ministry.
• Preach for the Lead Pastor as needed.
• Give leadership to mission trips (local, national, and international)
• Support the vision of the Lead Pastor centered around the Great Commission
• Set an example of character and live a life above reproach in personal and public lifestyle in accordance with the qualifications of a qualified elder in 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:5-9.
• Seek out personal training and growth opportunities.
• Participate in public services and church outreach events in the community.
• Maintain a vibrant faith and love relationship with Christ through personal Bible study, prayer, service, and self-discipline.
• Support the church through biblical obedience with tithes and offerings.
In order to be considered, please send the following:
• Your resume
• Myers-Briggs testing results, which can be found here: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
• Links to your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
Once we’ve received your information we’ll be in touch if we’re going to take the next steps.
Please send your application packet to: firstname.lastname@example.org