As a member of the pastoral staff, the worship leader will partner with the Senior Pastor to plan, develop and execute all aspects of our worship services and special programs. Although the senior pastor is the “director” in terms of setting the theme and
overall direction, the worship leader will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses. The worship leader must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship pastor is a leader who can communicate a direction in
a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision. This position is a pastoral in nature and therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical or performing arts director but also as a shepherd to the people who
serve in this ministry.
This position represents a significant growth in SBC’s enhancement of its worship ministry. Consideration will be given to qualified candidates seeking either full or part-time employment. Sunbury Christian Academy is a ministry of Sunbury Bible Church and
therefore offers the potential of a qualified candidate having responsibilities with the Academy in the formation of a full-time position.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Commitment to the authority of the Bible and agreement with the doctrinal positions of Sunbury Bible Church.
- Commitment to the mission, and vision of Sunbury Bible Church.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading the church family in worship.
- Musical abilities, ideally guitar and or piano. Knowledgeable in leading in choral, vocal, and instrumental direction.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, Power Point, Planning Center, and video projection.
- A self-starter
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, and fellowship.
- Lead by example reaching out and loving all by cultivating relationship inside and outside the church.
- Build the necessary teams to carry out various areas of worship life at Sunbury Bible Church.
- Recruit, train and lead the Worship Team (vocalists and musicians).
- Resource and direct instrumentalists.
- Champion and assist the Choir fitting selections into the flow of worship.
- Plan the corporate worship services of in consultation with the Senior Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the
theme for the day. Oversee song and choral selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists.
- In consultation with the Senior Pastor place testimonies and or videos into the flow of worship.
- Provide direction for all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services.
- Provide pastoral care for the worship teams and choirs.
- Plan major seasonal and/or outreach musicals/dramas two to three times per year. Find and plan other ways to use music and drama to reach out to the community evangelistically.
- Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.
- Build contacts and relationships with local musicians, studios, and clubs for both evangelistic and staffing purposes.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
Individuals interested in being considered for this position should email their resume to email@example.com.