The Student Ministries and Outreach Pastor will be responsible for providing spiritual and operational oversight of High School, Middle School students and Young Adults Groups at the Grace Covenant Denver NC, campus. In addition, the candidate will connect
the campus with local outreach opportunities. He/she is also responsible for collaborating with other staff members and pastoral leadership of Grace Covenant Church to ensure that the vision and direction of our
Students Ministry and Young Adult Groups are aligned with that of the mission of the church.
The successful candidate will dedicate 75% of his/her time to Students and Young Adults Ministry and 25% to local outreach.
A successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Spirit-filled, Spirit-led
- Leader and Team player
- Passion for reaching the lost and mentoring those that he/she leads.
- Solid work ethic
- Strategic thinker
- High capacity for multi-tasking
- Humility in serving others
- Desire to see others exercise their ministry gifts
- Commitment to grow and learn
- Passion to see people become connected in healthy community
Essential Job Function - Specific functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide oversight and leadership of youth ministry. Conduct ongoing evaluation of the quality of ministry, numerical and spiritual growth of students, space, equipment, and other resources used in youth ministry.
- Fulfill general Pastoral responsibilities, such as Holiday services, hospital visitations, nurturing people in crisis, annual Prayer Summit, and other special events.
- Collaborate with other Grace Covenant campus youth pastors for camps, training, and vision
- Attend Grace Covenant campus-wide events, meetings, and training.
- Recruit, train and release volunteers into positions of ministry leadership
- Provide ongoing relationship with local community partners such as high schools, YMCA, etc.
- Develop, recommend, and manage both Student Ministries and Outreach budget.
- Serve as a team player on the extension campus team
- Meet weekly with campus pastor to review goals, progress, and communicate any needs you may have
- Strategically organize, oversee, and plan events for youth including midweek and Sunday service.
- Support Grace Covenant Groups strategy
- Establish, evaluate, and coordinate partnerships with care and outreach organizations in East Lincoln community.
- Provide strategic thinking to all outreach activities of GCEL.
- Communicate outreach opportunities to congregation.
- Inspire campus attendees to engage in outreach and mission trips
- Faith Foundations: Requirements include saving faith in Jesus Christ and commitment to the Grace Covenant Church mission, core values and essentials of faith.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or relevant practical experience required.
- Experience: Have a minimum of 1- 3 years experience leading or serving youth ministry at a local church. Experience with outreach in a local church.
- Skills: Excellent relational, recruiting and training skills required. Good overall health and physical mobility required. Administrative and teaching proficiencies required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience in working
with a church database is a plus.