Collierville United Methodist Church (CUMC) is currently seeking a Director of Youth Ministries. Collierville, Tennessee is a fast growing suburb of Memphis and a place that an increasing number of families are calling home. We are seeking a new team member
who is highly motivated to reach young people and their families so they may Know Christ and Make Him Known. The person for this position should be a committed Christian Disciple with a calling to help young people form a solid faith in Jesus Christ. Under
the direct supervision of the Pastor of Discipleship, this position provides programming and direction that helps the youth of CUMC and the surrounding community from grades 6-12 grow in their discipleship of Jesus Christ.
- Provide overall direction and administration for all the youth ministries of CUMC.
- Plan and be responsible for all structured youth ministry activities, including but not limited to Sundays and Wednesdays.
- Provide direction for all special events for youth and their families, including but not limited to Confirmation, mission trips, and Discovery Weekend.
- Teaches the Christian faith as understood through the doctrinal standards of the United Methodist Church.
- Be responsible for the ongoing recruitment, training, and evaluating of youth ministry staff and volunteers.
- Select and approve all curriculum used for youth Sunday school and other youth programming.
- Be responsible for the compliance of the youth ministry with regard to safe sanctuaries training and execution.
- Prepares budget requests and monitors expenditures of the youth ministries.
This position has supervisory responsibility for the Associate Director of Youth Ministries.
This full time position operates in a professional church office environment but is dynamic based upon the needs of the Youth Ministries of CUMC. This role may also require this person to travel and be away from home for multiple nights as needed for the Youth
Ministries of CUMC.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree
- 5 years of experience in a similar or related field.