Fellowship Community Church/ Southwest Campus
Full Time Director of Children’s Ministries
32 hours per week
Fellowship Community Church, located in the Roanoke Valley of SW Virginia, is looking for a children’s director to join the team at our SW campus. Fellowship is a multi-site church with three campuses, working together to reach the valley and the world
for Christ. The children’s director will lead our SW campus Kid’s Life ministry in cooperation with the church wide children’s ministry team to enlist and train volunteers to minister to children and their families through our programming and faith at home
- Passion and heart for serving Jesus by serving children and their families
- Well-developed organization, communication and leadership skills
- Good standing FCC membership or willing to become a member; exhibits mature Christian walk
- Early childhood or education degree or equivalent work experience in related field
Responsibilities for SW Campus:
- Assist with Kidz Life vision creation, casting and implementation to help ensure the spiritual development of children and their families
- Volunteer recruitment, development and retention
- Implement curriculum and lesson plans for children’s department (grades pre K through 5th)
- Manage and oversee SW Children’s Ministry Department and volunteers
- Provide and/or organize staffed childcare needs for the South West Campus
- Collaborate with Children’s ministry staff from all 3 campuses to help provide continuity
Why Work at FCC:
- Facilitating Life Change: This job allows you to share the Good News of Christ and invest in the spiritual development of children, the future of the church.
- Great co-workers: Our team not only works hard and supports each other, but we do life together.
- Work/Life Balance: We strive to facilitate growth in your spiritual life as well as your work life.
- We offer great experience: There is great opportunity for mentoring and discipleship with this position, in coordinating with staff and volunteers.