LifeWay is a non-denominational, Spirit-filled, growing, thriving church with a weekly attendance of 600-800 people. We are located in Kingfisher, Oklahoma just outside of Oklahoma City.
LifeWay church is seeking a full-time worship pastor to lead our congregation in weekly worship. We are looking for a person with passion who is able to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. Our music style is from various artists including but not limited
to: Bethel, Elevation Worship, Jesus Culture and other artists from today and yesterday. We are looking for a leader who preferably leads from an instrument (keyboard or guitar); with a knowledge in multiple instruments is a plus.
In addition to leading our weekly worship services this person must be able to pastor, manage, and develop our worship team. The worship leader will also be responsible for audio, video and lighting. A general knowledge of AVI is a plus but not required.
The Worship Pastor leads the congregation – both directly and through their team – in worship that ushers the congregation into the transformational Presence of God. (John 4:23, 2 Corinthians 3:18, Exodus 33:14, Hebrews 10:22)
- Lead and pastor LifeWay Church worship team, which includes musicians, vocalists, and AVL team.
- Must spend individual time in worship, prayer, and the Word daily.
- Annually develop and execute a strategic plan with Goals, Objectives, and Activities.
- Annually develop and execute a department budget reviewing monthly with oversight.
- Lead a weekly practice, Sunday run-through, two experiences, monthly night of worship / healing (Pursuit) and special events.
- Ensure all technical aspects of worship are covered: instrumentalists, background vocalist, AVL, batteries, sound, tech, etc.
- Biannually, develop Master Set List containing no more than 30 songs and submit to Senior Pastor for review, post songs on Planning Center, and keep Worship Team current with all related information.
- Meet weekly with minimum of 2 worship team members for counseling, training, and mentoring.
- Quarterly group activities with Worship Team: Christmas party, cook-outs, family movie nights, etc.
- Lead mentor and develop songwriting experiences 1-2 times per year with the vision of creating 2 original songs per year for congregational worship.
- Attend at least 1 worship conference per year and provide written report of “take-aways”, not including annual Gateway Conference and encourage Worship Team to attend.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, sermon series meetings, creative meetings, and church events or activities.
- Other activities as assigned: will include yard and facility maintenance, pastoral care, and other ministry duties as assigned.
- Must attend a LifeGroup with the goal of leading own LifeGroup.
- Must tithe.
- Immediate family involved with LifeWay activities and events.
- Keep Green Room and Worship areas clean and organized weekly.
- Have a servant attitude willing to help in any ministry area.
- Add minimum of 3 new musicians/add and train AVL members to volunteer worship team.
- Continually improve the worship experiences as measured by the congregation’s response by pastoring the congregation from the platform with songs, hymns, and spiritual songs.
ANNUAL GOALS QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree from a qualified University and/or previous experience.
- Be a member of the church fulfilling the duties as outlined in the church’s core values.
- Demonstrated musical and worship leadership ability.
When applying for this position please include the following:
- Resume (complete with bio and past experience)
- Include four references, two ministry and two personal
- Photo of you and your immediate family
- Video of you leading two worship songs, one fast and one slow (preferably with a band but not required). Please send a file through dropbox or attach a link to a website (youtube, vimeo, etc.)
Applications may be submitted to email@example.com
Applications submitted without ALL of the above information will not be considered.