Our Vision for a Pastor
We are looking for a Spirit-led, passionate man of God who submits to God’s Word and loves people. He should maintain a strong personal walk with the Lord and shepherd others to do the same. Our pastor should believe that the Bible is the inspired,
inerrant Word of God and should teach the full counsel of God’s Word. The Senior Pastor should lead from a place of humility and be strongly committed to team leadership with the elders. He should have a servant’s heart.
We would like a leader who has a passion for outreach ministry and will take seriously the call to reach our community and our world with the gospel of Christ. Part of his ministry will be to encourage our members to discover and use their spiritual
Our History & Identity
Gateway Hill Country Church began in 2007 with help from the Southern Baptists of Texas Convention. Theologically and functionally we align with Southern Baptists. Our vision is to Love God, Love People, and Impact the World. We
are a Spirit-led congregation, governed by elders with the pastor being one of the elders. Our culture is a "come as you are" church with the goal of being welcoming to all kinds of people.
We believe in the power and necessity of prayer, meeting each Sunday morning to pray for the service, congregation, and community. Our small groups, which consist of Bible study and prayer, meet throughout the week. Our worship is dynamic and contemporary.
The fastest-growing segment of our congregation is our young adults, and we consider our youth ministry as a whole to be a priority of our church.
We are located in the Dripping Springs, Texas area, 20 minutes west of Austin. Dripping Springs is a fast-growing town in a beautiful part of the hill country.
- Must be able to inspire the congregation through preaching.
- Prays, loves God’s Word, and has a personal relationship with Christ that is continually growing.
- Seminary degree or Bible college degree is strongly desired but not required. (Some form of biblical training, multiple years, is required.)
- Experience as lead pastor is strongly desired. We'd like to see that you already have the skills to successfully lead a church.
- Has leadership, organizational, and communication skills to accomplish pastoral responsibilities.
- Willing to live in this area and represent our church within the community through participation in events and meetings.
- Is relational and cares about people even when it’s not convenient.
- Is able to work through issues within the staff and the congregation if needed.
- Maintains confidences. Confidentiality is extremely important in this role.
- Has a relationship with a mentor or peer who helps with their personal accountability.
- Ready to respond to a call at any time when circumstances dictate (when there is an emergency or urgent need). These will not be often but are sometimes a part of the job.
Church Size: 90 to 110
If interested in applying, please email your resume to: Ghccpastorsearch@gmail.com.
Please send sermon samples or provide a link for online sermons.
Due to the volume of resumes we're receiving, we will not be responding to each applicant.