We are seeking to fill the position of Senior Minister due to the forthcoming retirement of our current minister in July, 2017. Our church is located in the rapidly growing community of Kingwood, Texas, just 20 miles north of Houston. There is an excellent
opportunity here for future growth and expansion. We are a family of faith that desires to expand the Gospel within our community and city.
Candidate should have a BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university. He should have pastoral experience in a church of similar or larger size. He should demonstrate strong organizational, management, and communication skills. Most importantly,
he should have a passion and calling for ministry.
Senior Minister Profile:
- Intimacy with God and consistency of character. The Senior Minister leads an authentic spiritual life of prayer and worship and pursues a deep intimacy with God. His personal history is marked by a servant leader’s heart and
steadfast love for his family and congregation. The Senior Minister fulfills the biblical qualifications of elder/overseer as defined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Collaborative leadership and humility in relationships. The Senior Minister’s leadership style is marked by humility, wisdom, and prayerfulness which permeate all matters. He has a genuine love for others and focuses on shepherding
rather than just productivity and compliance when dealing with church staff. He is a consensus builder who fosters teamwork and harmonious relationships when dealing with others.
- Passion for discipleship. The Senior Minister strives to cultivate the spiritual gifts within the body. He challenges the congregation to be transformed by the power of the gospel. He has a heart to cherish and build up the
- Solid biblical preaching marked by life example. The Senior Minister possesses a deeply-rooted, sound biblical theology and inspires others to go deeper in their faith journey. He is able to effectively teach the Word of God
with great doctrinal clarity and practical relevance to the congregation. He faithfully and fearlessly preaches the gospel without compromising biblical authority even when it is contrary to popular opinion and cultural realities. He is sensitive to the
move of the Holy Spirit. By his example, he clearly communicates teachings grounded in Biblical truth.
The Senior Minister will provide leadership and oversight for all ministry activities within the context of the worship services and beyond to help develop a rich worship life in the church. He will set and drive ministry objectives and goals and equip
the church staff and congregation to effectively perform ministry work.
The Senior Minister will also play an essential role in mentoring and building a new generation of leaders within the church. He must be a visionary for where the church needs to go and the leadership skills required to make that happen.
Review our Website:
For more information about our church you may go to www.northparkchristianchurch.com
How to Apply:
DO NOT post your application to the Church Staffing Website.
Mail the following information to:
- Cover letter – Introducing yourself and your interest in the position
- Resume – Your ministry experience, educational background, and at least three references.
- Doctrinal statement – 1 to 4 page summary regarding your theological views on core doctrines.
- Narrative of your salvation testimony – 1 to 2 pages outlining how you came to faith in Jesus Christ.
- Brief philosophy of pastoral ministry – 1 to 3 pages summarizing your philosophy and practice of pastoral ministry.
- Two sermons – including a sermon outline and a video or audio recording (a link to a host site if the files are too large.)
Northpark Christian Church Attn: Ministry Search Committee
1599 Northpark Drive Kingwood, TX 77339
Should you have any questions please contact us via Email at: email@example.com