First Baptist Church Frisco is a growing church reaching out to the people of Frisco, TX and surrounding cities. The church is seeking a Middle School Minister for the Student Ministry.
Position Summary: The Middle School Minister is a key member of the student ministry staff of FBC Frisco responsible for helping oversee and serve the FBC Frisco Student Ministry, grades 6th-8th, in a rapidly
growing community with sixteen middle schools and ten high schools.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university related to student ministry. A Master’s Degree is highly preferred.
- Successful experience as student minister working with middle school students in a church is highly preferred.
- Must possess administrative abilities and organizational skills related to student ministry.
- Must possess management skills to help lead a large group of volunteers as well as paid interns.
- Must have a passion and love for middle school students. Musical talent a plus.
Requirements: Must be a devoted follower of Jesus Christ, have a heart for and a desire to evangelize, disciple, and shepherd students, grades 6-8. Must be highly organized and have gifts and talents compatible
with the leadership and administration of FBC Frisco and be willing to follow and implement the mission and vision as set forth by the pastor. Must possess personal maturity and evidenced by the fruits of the Spirit and have a personal theology compatible
with that of FBC Frisco. Must be free from addictions and life dominating sins, have a humble teachable spirit, display a good sense of humor, and possess a flexible and adaptable attitude.
General Responsibilities of the Middle School Minister:
- Set and attain growth and ministry goals for Student Ministry, grades 6th -8th, which correspond to mission statement of FBC Frisco.
- Develop and execute an annual Ministry Plan and Ministry Budget that is directly tied to the vision and fully supports the spiritual development of FBC Frisco.
- Provide vision and leadership for a dynamic middle school ministry, emphasizing both discipleship and outreach.
- Identify, invite, develop, and equip adult leaders who will invest in the lives of students.
- Develop, organize, and lead the outreach, teaching, and programming in the student ministry weekly as well as summer camps, mission trips, and other opportunities.
- Develop and implement communication strategies to inform students, parents, the church body, and the community regarding activities of FBC Frisco.
- Support FBC Frisco students and outreach to students in community through attendance of extracurricular activities of the Frisco ISD. Lunch and sports will be a weekly priority in the school year.
- Share in pastoral care duties as it relates to student ministry.
- Keeping FBC Frisco on the frontline regarding new ways and means of reaching students in Frisco and surrounding communities and developing and implementing age-appropriate activities and opportunities for fellowship and ministry.
- Work with adults and children’s divisions to provide cohesive education and discipleship ministry to the entire family and to equip, support, and supplement parent’s ministry to children and students within their own families.
- Attend weekly staff meetings to coordinate calendar and fellowship with staff as well as other tactical meetings as directed by the Minister of Students.
- Attendance at out of town trips, such as camps, mission trips, and other student trips is essential.
- Participate in a team setting of overall ministry, not just middle school.
Work Days: Sunday – Thursday (Occasionally Fridays and Saturdays)
Salary Range: Commensurate based on experience
Benefits: Health & Disability Insurance, Vacation/Sick Leave, 403(b) Retirement Plan