The mission of Church of the Redeemer is to connect people with God and His church,
grow people into fruitful, faithful followers of Jesus who in turn sow back into His Kingdom. We are committed to using media of all kinds to accomplish this, and at the heart of all of this is the written word that:
- Expresses a message as a blog
- Expresses a series as a book
- Expresses the importance of an event in a script for a video
- Expresses welcome and community through the words on signs and IMAGs.
- Expresses the energy of an event through a post
- Expresses an encouraging message in a text message, Tweet, or meme.
Which brings us to you. If you are a persuasive writer—the kind of person who can wield words to rouse people to action, who has a fantastic grasp of the English language, but doesn’t let that stand in the way of simple, yet soaring prose, and if you’re
a part of the life of Church of the Redeemer, then we’re looking for you.
The Copywriter and Managing Editor develops compelling content for web, social, print, and video. They write persuasive copy based on a strong knowledge of the event and the target audience, and are also able to make an emotional connection through both
humor and human interest.
- Develop compelling, life changing content for web, social, print, and video
- Create encouraging promotional content that focuses on felt needs, emotions, solutions to problems, and heart-level inspiration that drives people to take action
- Produce compelling stories of changed lives, church impact, and ways to get connected within the church and grow as followers of Christ
- Must have range—from headlines, to tweets, to paragraphs of web copy
- Must be hyper-detailed and thorough
- Must have experience that can be shown in the form of writing samples
- Must be devoted to Kingdom purposes to a degree that produces a willingness to sweat the details, proof, research, hit deadlines, and follow-up.
If you’re interested, supply
- A current resume
- Copywriting samples
- More about why you’re interested in this position.