MWC is a thriving church that is all about following Jesus, being made new by Jesus and making disciples of Jesus. We are a multi-generational church with a strong commitment to investing in and preparing the next generation for Kingdom impact. Summary:
The youth pastor is responsible for all middle high and senior high school student ministries. The pastor will be responsible for recruiting, equipping and leading both adult volunteers and student ministry leaders at Mitchell Wesleyan Church.
Specific Qualifications: The candidate must have a passion and commitment for…
- Incorporating Jesus’ relational approach to discipleship into your own personal life and church-wide ministry.
- Developing a youth ministry that effectively partners with parents in the discipleship of our youth.
- Equipping volunteers to do ministry.
- A team approach to ministry.
- The church as God’s ‘Plan A’ for reaching a lost world.
- Wesleyan/Arminian theology. Experience: At least two to three years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Education: Bachelors from a 4-year university preferred.
- Aligning our youth ministry with the overarching vision of our church.
- Prepare and execute weekly Thrive Youth gatherings that create relevant space for youth to hear practical, biblical teaching, connect with peers and adults, and develop lasting relationships through small groups.
- Facilitate our senior high youth serving as part of our church’s Sunday morning gathering.
- Prepare and execute intentional discipleship of our middle high youth during our 10:30am Sunday morning worship gathering.
- Oversee the development of service and short-term mission opportunities for our youth.
- Northwest District Mid-High and Senior-High Youth Camps (Promotion, Registration, Transportation, Leadership Team Participation, Attendance)
- Communicate well with parents to promote a family friendly ministry and to create awareness.
- Develop and train youth leadership team to serve in their area of giftedness, with a relational discipleship mindset.
- Manage the youth budget/funds with the oversight and approval of the lead pastor.
- Other pastoral duties as assigned. All Mitchell Wesleyan Staff members are expected to be proficient with Microsoft Office and the major social media applications.
- Utilize all relevant forms of social media as an avenue for communicating with and reaching youth.
Contact: Tricia Oswald, Administrative Assistant
Organization Mitchell Wesleyan Church
Address 601 N. Sanborn Mitchell, SD 57301