City Church Chicago is interviewing candidates for a Technical Team Lead.
Our church, a Hillsong Family church, is in the heart of downtown Chicago. Lifestyle in downtown Chicago is urban and lively. Chicago is a destination for food and music lovers, and has beautiful summers on Lake Michigan.
We are a diverse community, with many young and creative professionals and students. Our mission is to love God, live planted, and lead change in our world. Pastors Kent and Alli Munsey planted the church in 2010, and the church has been growing rapidly
and steadily since then. We average about 1,100 attenders every weekend, and recently have reached a point where we need a full-time Technical Team Lead.
Applicants can email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The primary objective of the Technical Team Lead is to create an atmosphere conducive to worship and technical excellence with a focus on equipping and training volunteers. The Technical Ministries include audio, video, lighting, projection, and web streaming.
This position will provide support for worship gatherings and special events as well as be involved in the artistic creation of services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Operates, maintains and safeguards the technical assets of the church, including supervising the use of lighting, sound, video and lighting systems, and communications equipment.
- Supervises lighting, video and sound engineers, on the technical specifications and usage of technical equipment required for the ministries, and supervises the implementations of approved technical designs.
- Supervises and assists with set and stage construction and management.
- Assists in recruiting, training and assignment of volunteer or paid technical staff.
- Assist in recording for special events and video shoots.
- Assists with the preparation and control of production budgets; maintains inventory and orders specialized supplies.
- Attends technical rehearsals, in order to supervise and assist in the technical aspects of the services.
- Makes recommendations to the church leadership regarding capital purchases of technical equipment.
- Designs, sets up, maintains, and operates lighting, video and sound systems for theatre, music, and other productions and projects; assists guest designers and arts with technical matters.
- Serve as a resource to pastors, staff, and Worship Ministry in regards to technical needs
- Serve as the Producer for Sunday worship services
- Assist in the ordering/installation of new technical equipment
- Manage and update video recording and projection to be used in the church and for online streaming
- Develop and implement procedures and processes for the Technical Ministries
- Be at all Staff meetings and Creative meetings as scheduled.
- Be able to clearly communicate management decisions to all necessary staff and volunteers.
- Be available for training / worship arts conferences when scheduled.
- Continually cast vision to the technical staff.
- Should be available to serve in other ministries.
- Self-starter: able to work independently on projects without being micromanaged
- Team-oriented: able to thrive within the framework of a large team of volunteers
- Has a personality that will comfortably work with a variety of staff members and volunteers
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Digital Audio Production experience preferred (Yamaha QL5)
- Theatrical/Stage Lighting or set design experience preferred (Hog4 Lighting Board)
- Black Magic camera and switcher system
- Video editing experience
- Graphic design experience (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop proficiency) • In depth computer literacy on PC and MAC
- Must complete a DISC profile
- Clearance of a criminal background check and drug test