High School Student Ministry Pastor
RiverTree Christian Church
7373 Portage Street
Massillon, OH, 44646
Job Title: Student Ministry Pastor - High School Team Leader
- We are looking for a young, dynamic leader who knows how to connect with this generation in creative ways to focus them towards spiritual transformation and the capacity to fulfill their God-given dreams and aspirations.
- This full time Student Ministry Pastor will be responsible for the high school ministry at the Jackson Campus of RiverTree Christian Church.
- RiverTree Jackson is a large, missional church of 1700 with good relationships in the local community .
- This person will report to the Director of Student Ministries.
- Responsible for providing leadership for all of the High School Ministry environments.
- Loves Jesus and a daily pursuit of Christ is evident in their life.
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth.
- Commitment to taking a Sabbath.
- Commitment to developing intentional community and living a life on mission.
- Must attend RiverTree Christian Church.
- RiverTree is a church that is diligently seeking to be both attractive and missional. This means that we want our weekend gatherings and our program elements to be done well. At the same time they are not the primary focus of who we want to be. Ultimately
we want to empower and send people out to do ministry outside of the walls of the church.
- We prefer candidates to have a basic understanding of what it means to be missional and a philosophy/strategy of how to empower people to this end.
All of our student ministry staff are expected to do six things. These areas of competence are a focus for us. We recognize that all of our staff will be proficient at some and need to grow in others.
- Develop and protect the culture of the high school ministry. This includes the spiritual temperature, the family atmosphere of belonging, openness to inclusion, playfulness, a culture of teach-ability and a willingness to let students lead.
- Recruit, develop and train adult leaders.
- Responsible for making disciples who then make disciples.
- Give leadership to the three primary vehicles of high school ministry; SENT, GoCo’s and Student Section.
[see definitions below]
- Act as the primary communicator for High School Ministry environments.
- Provide Leadership of High School trips and special events.
- Recruit, Equip, and Empower Student Leaders [high school students in leadership].
- Maintain and communicate alignment with the Mission and Vision of RiverTree.
- Three to five years’ experience in ministry or church vocational work is preferred
- Proven track-record of relational ministry reaching students as well as growing and developing a team of volunteers.
- Experience in organizing multiple projects and events
- Organized; flexible; able to Multitask
- Exemplary oral & written skills
To apply please send your resume, a current picture, cover letter, four references and a
link showing us two of your teaching samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Is a weekly program on Monday nights designed for high school students. It involves traditional program elements of student ministry done in a large group as well as portions of time given to missional communities called GoCo’s. Missional Communities are
generally groups of students ranging in size from 12-20.
This stands for Go Communities. These are missional communities for students. We desire to see GoCo’s occur in two forms. The first is within the structure of SENT each week. The second is outside of the walls of the church in locations and at various times.
We believe that in order to help students be a part of the larger body of Christ one of the best steps we can take is to integrate them while they are in high school. We do this by not offering any high school programs during weekend church services. Instead
we ask students to either sit with their families or to join us in the Student Section at the front of the church.