Crossroads Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) (http://www.crossroadspres.org) of Mequon, WI, (a Milwaukee suburb), is a vibrant and growing faith community where Christ is at the forefront of everything we believe and do. This engaging and welcoming church is seeking
an energetic full-time Youth Ministry Director/Associate Pastor to lead its youth program; serving and caring for middle and high school students and their families.
Crossroads' youth ministry includes weekly programming (Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, and lay-led small groups), special events (summer mission trips, retreats, service projects), and a year-long Confirmation program. This highly relational and sustainable
ministry partners with a well-established group of volunteers who assist with leadership in 1) an interpersonal capacity with youth and 2) behind-the-scenes organizational roles.
The primary responsibility for this position is to elevate the youth ministry program by providing overall leadership and working collaboratively with staff, parents, and adult volunteers. The Youth Ministry Director/Associate Pastor serves families by engaging,
teaching, and equipping youth to deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ and become lifelong disciples who use their gifts to impact the world.
Crossroads is looking for someone who:
- Is an enthusiastic leader with the proven ability to relate to youth and adults of all ages
- Has proven success recruiting, developing, and managing volunteers
- Is humble, yet clear about his or her faith and theology; can communicate these beliefs and convictions in a way that is relevant to youth
- Is an excellent and engaging teacher and communicator
- Knows how to coordinate and execute basic business functions such as budget, communications, social media, etc.
- Minimum two-three years of successful leadership experience as a paid staff member in a thriving middle and/or high school youth ministry program
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with students and their families
- Youth Ministry Director: Bachelor’s degree; BA in Youth Ministry or related field a plus
- Associate Pastor: Masters of Divinity or a related field; specialty coursework in Youth Ministry a plus. Must be ordained by the PCUSA or one of the Covenant of Agreement Partners.
If you have a vibrant faith, an obvious love for and commitment to Jesus Christ, and feel deeply called to youth ministry, please send a cover letter and your resume by email to email@example.com.