Who are we?
If you get excited about, have a passion for and truly believe that a person changed by Christ can impact a family, a family can impact a community, a community changed by Christ can impact a town, and a town can impact a county and a county can impact a
state and so on….the Christian Life Center, in New London, Pennsylvania, may be just what you are looking for in the next stage of your career. Our purpose and mission, clearly stated is CLC - Changed Lives by Christ.
The Christian Life Center (CLC), a member of the Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians (ECO), is seeking a Lead Pastor/Head of Staff who will help to lead our church and our 7 staff members into the next stage of our journey with Christ. Our worship
center is located on 60 acres (much of it undeveloped), in a bedroom community in Southern Chester County. This area boasts of great schools and a wonderful rural culture.
Where are we now?
As a vibrant presence in our community, the CLC seeks to be relentless in reaching the surrounding community and beyond for Christ to a greater degree. We are well positioned and have fantastic people and resources to help get us there. From modest beginnings,
our weekly attendance at our two contemporary services, ranges anywhere between 380 and 430; with approximately 80 children and youth from nursery to 6th grade in our Kid Zone. Our major holiday services can bring in upwards of 1000 attendees. In anticipation
for the work the Lord will do in our community, the original design of our main sanctuary was build for “easy” expansion. Through the building and empowerment of people, we can build this church.
Outside of our Sunday worship through song and the spoken Word, CLC has several thriving outreaches and ministries, to include:
- Educational programs for children, teens and adults to include the New London Christian Preschool, Junior and Senior high youth ministry and a summer VBS that reaches 500-600 pre school to 6th grad aged children each year.
- Four major local and four major global mission partners/relationships.
- Senior Saints
- Men’s ministry including outdoorsmen, men’s retreat, father/child camping weekends
- Women’s ministry which includes retreats, speakers and weekly studies.
- 20+ small group settings; which has become the lifeblood of our church. Would love to see every person in our church connected here at some level.
Is this for you?
With the discernment of our search committee, and current Lead Pastor, we believe the ideal candidate for this role will be a current or former Lead Pastor at a church of 600+ or an Associate Pastor with large staff, multiple campus church experience.
To best mobilize and enrich the walk of our current attendees, towards spiritual growth and to compel the surrounding community in new/regular attendance, we believe someone with prior experience doing so would be very important. Being able to articulate
and demonstrate your strategy on how to do so will be helpful.
Critical attributes for this role are to:
- Be a passionate follower of Jesus Christ
- Fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of the Christian Life Center and the doctrinal statements of ECO; and, eligible for approval by ECO
- Be an engaging, passionate communicator/preacher who has the ability to communicate the Bible in a way that is theologically sound and in a compelling, practical and life-giving manner.
- Demonstrates compassion in recognizing and meeting the needs of others and be able to relate to others in a personal way; highly relational and naturally people oriented.
- Be comfortable speaking with and relating well with inter-denominational, inter-racial and inter-generational individuals and communities and cultivating a thriving culture within and across each demographic.
- Consistent in their messaging from the platform and how they live their life; strong character.
- Possess an exceedingly strong aptitude for leadership as a “builder” who has a big picture focus for the organization and can mobilizing and inspire teams to work together to achieve.
- Have prior experience leading a church organizationally, fiscally and administratively. This includes running staff meetings, planning and moderating Session and Congregational meetings.
- Have a track record of eliciting insight and wisdom from mentors within strong godly relationships.
- Be formally educated in theology and biblical doctrine. A Masters’ degree or equivalent and/or a Seminary Degree is preferred.
The staff and current leadership of the CLC are very excited for the unveiling of Gods plan for us. If after review and prayerful consideration of this posting, you feel called to be a part of it, please apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and a
link to a recent sermon to email@example.com.