Calvary Chapel of Silverdale is affliated to the network of churches called Calvary Chapel that originated first in Costa Mesa, CA. Located in the center of Kitsap County, our vision is to be used of God for the purpose of His glory and His plan for our
community and beyond. We do this by intentionally and purposefully gathering corporately and in small groups to worship God, unconditionally love all people, and seek to live out and extend the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, through Jesus Christ.
We are currently looking for someone who is gifted in music and leading a congregation in the worship of God. Please take a look at our website and become familiar with us. If you feel this would be a good fit, pelase look at the requirements and specifics
below. Send an email with your resume attached and a link where we can see you leading in congregational worship, email@example.com .
The Worship Leader/Pastor is someone with a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people; someone with a passion for music and the role it plays in congregational worship; someone who is able to thrive in a team environment; and someone who is able to envision
and energize a community that is grounded in the great hymns of the past and the current expressions of worship.
- Lead worship for weekend services and occasional special events. CCS currently has two services each weekend—Sunday 9am & 11am.
- Lead worship team rehearsals.
- Facilitate the congregation’s participation in authentic worship.
- Recruit, schedule, develop, and mentor volunteer instrumentalists, vocalists, and
- Recruit, schedule, develop, and mentor volunteer worship leaders.
- Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and staff development times.
- Continued honing of musical proficiency.
- Pass a national criminal background check.
- Can both lead and thrive in a team-based environment.
- Teachable, responsive, and respectful of authority.
- Pastoral presence on the platform, with an ability to engage the heart of the people
through music and words.
- Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture.
- Able to read and write musical arrangements (or willing and able to learn).
- A track record of significant impact and effectiveness as a worship leader for large
- Able to mentor others with wisdom and grace.
- A mature, growing believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel, along with the ability to clearly communicate it. Formal christian educational background is desired.
- Committed to spiritual integrity, artistic excellence, and committed to the community of CCS.
- In agreement with CCS’s doctrine, mission, vision, and values.
This is currently a part-time position. Compensation will be determined based on qualifications.
Things to know before you apply. We are looking for those individuals who can provide the following:
- Hold a degree or certificate of completion from a school of higher education as it relates to theology, music, and/or leadership.
Record of Excellence:
- Provide three references that will be able to comment on your ability to lead music, lead a team of volunteers, and a healthy spiritual life. Please exclude any immediate family members as references.