Director of Christian Education
Full-time $46-$50K per year
- Faith Description
- Seek to follow the Lord Jesus Christ, love your neighbor and work for the reconciliation of the world in your personal life.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a fruitful, Spirit-led life
- Adult Education Ministry
- Research and review resources for potential classes. Keep ongoing list of topic ideas.
- Schedule periodic meetings with Adult Ed team to discuss topic ideas, gather other ideas from team, and discuss potential teachers. Reinforce concept of changing lives, not just Bible facts.
- Review potential topics and whether we’ve offered similar classes recently, who has taught recently, and who would be a good fit and have an interest in teaching each class.
- Help coordinate family Sunday School lessons, mission projects or events between Hackberry U sessions.
- Create a preliminary schedule for each semester, aiming to offer a variety of classes in the categories of Bible study, basic theology/general subject, and equipping. Periodically offer spiritual gifts class.
- Start inviting potential teachers and continue to revise the schedule as teachers accept or decline.
- Schedule and coordinate fall kickoff brunch in September and spring kickoff in January to promote each semester’s classes. Prepare flyer for each semester. Prepare email blasts and bulletin blurbs to promote classes.
- Periodically provide surveys to students to gather feedback on classes offered and suggestions for future classes.
- Children’s Education Ministry
- Research and select curriculum for Sunday school classes and children’s worship.
- Recruit, schedule, equip and train teachers for Sunday school and Children’s Worship.
- Plan and/or write mid-week bible study lessons.
- Direct a summer vacation bible study with assistance from the congregation. Includes scheduling, choice of curriculum, recruiting volunteers, registration, coordinating outside vendors/speakers, purchasing supplies and decorations.
- Communicate with parents periodically to update them on current studies and activities for their children.
- Help coordinate activities for family specific events throughout the year and at home projects.
- Interview, hire, train and schedule nursery staff as needed weekly and for events.
- Establish and coordinate a nursery team to assist with nursery functions and to volunteer as needed.
To apply send resume or contact:
DCE Search Team
c/o Ms. Sheryl Taylor
Hackberry Creek Church
2000 Kinwest Parkway
Irving, TX 75063