Located just 20 miles south of Dallas, Midlothian is one of the fasted growing areas of the Dallas\Fort Worth Metroplex, as seen in our rapid building of homes and new schools. With a sought after school district, the majority of our growth is with young
families. The church is investing in reaching and growing the students of our community through a new state of the art 4.5-million-dollar student building. We will be moving into our new student building by the end of 2017.
FBC is searching for an Student Pastor who will be an energetic, hands-on leader who can implement vision and develop and mobilize volunteer leaders to disciple students. The Student Pastor will have an obvious growing relationship with God, a passion for
reaching and discipling students, and be a continual learner. He will love spending time with students and also develop adult leaders in order to expand the foundation of leadership for a growing ministry. This position will work alongside our other Student
Pastor, David BIllman. The student miinistry is growing rapidlly and is in need of additional leadership to help grow from the current size of 300+ students a week to 400+ in the coming year with the completion of a new building dedicated to Students of our
The next Student Pastor will engage students as a strong communicator and guide them towards relationships and community. The successful candidate will be able to teach Scripture and minister effectively to both middle school and high school students, helping
to create a relevant and forward-leaning student ministry. A strong candidate will be looking for the challenge of growing to the next level of their calling to the church and its students.
- Assist in creating, communicating and leading a unified vision for student ministry that includes reaching students for Christ and teaching them to grow in their relationship with Him.
- Assist in maintaining and expanding the Student Ministry Intern Ministry Model by recruiting, training, and managing this group of developing team members.
- Recruit and disciple volunteer lay leaders to multiply ministry to students.
- Assist in leading the development of weekly events and large events (such as Camps and Retreats) and integrate these into the overall vision for the student ministry.
- Work with the other Student Pastor to develop a broad and inclusive approach to relationships with students and parents by attending student functions such as school and life events.
- Assist in overseeing and managing the student ministry budget.
- Lead the social Media\online messaging for the Student Ministry.
- As a member of the Discipleship Team, assist in the development of a discipleship ministry to families in our community.
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings (Student team, Discipleship Team, Pastoral Team).
- Direct or assist in Pastoral responsibilities (weddings, funerals, hospital visits, baptisms, etc.).
- Undergraduate degree required with Seminary degree preferred
- At least 5 years of Lead Student Ministry experience with a youth group of over 50 regular attendees.
- A proven track record of leading students and adults in effective discipleship.