Position Results Description
Goal: Provide support to Lead Pastor as an associate pastor of youth and chidlren's ministry and other pastoral ministry of The Bridge. The associate pastor will wholeheartedly support and promote the mission, vision, values and beliefs
of The Bridge and its ministry.
Key Result Area (KRA) #1 Assist the Lead Pastor
Result Expected: Lead alongside the lead pastor by sharing in the leading of pastoral tasks.
- Support the Senior Pastor in the overall vision casting and leadership of the church and its weekend service planning, design, and execution.
- Function as second/back up speaker to the Senior Pastor with an “emergency sermon” always ready.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in the management of social media outlets and overall web presence.
- Function as owner and champion of all external activities maximizing attendance of special outreach focused events and key evangelistic Sunday series.
- Organize and lead the church’s regional, national, and international mission efforts including bi-annual mission trips.
- Hang with the lead pastor and have fun as we reach this community for Christ in the day to day operations of the church.
- Preach Sunday mornings 4-6 times a year.
- Meet weekly with lead pastor for personal evaluating, church evaluating and in developing ongoing strategy.
- Oversee that the first impressions ministry (parking, greeters, and hospitality) and usher ministry are done with excellence.
- Lead Sunday morning team meetings prior to first service being willing to evaluate on the fly between services.
- Assist in the creation of videos and/or other creative elements for Sunday morning production (original video ideas, movie and television clips, drama possibilities, testimonials, bumper content, etc.).
- Communicate with and handle all outside speakers, including securing manuscripts, coordinating travel arrangements, requesting honorarium payments, etc.
- Oversee the creative ministry team (lighting, media, and stage design).
- Come prepared to staff meeting once a week.
- Oversee service transitions, offerings and sermon closing.
- Be available to perform weddings and funerals.
- Pastor youth ages 6th-12th grade.
- Oversee the leadership of the Children’s ministry departments.
- Pastor the small group ministry leaders.
- Be available for Special Services (Christmas Eve, Good Friday, Easter, etc.)
- Be prepared to help the lead pastor in anything that could potentially arise.
Key Result Area (KRA) #2 Coordinate all Youth Ministry
Result Expected: Develop and implement a strategic youth ministry that supports the values and mission of The Bridge Church while reaches teens within our community.
- Help develop, implement, and lead youth in a safe environment, where youth know they are loved and valued.
- Lead a weekly Youth Ministry designed for fellowship, worship, outreach, teaching and spiritual growth.
- Develop, train, and pastor a youth leadership team made up of adults, interns and students.
- Delegate Lead and guide the youth worship team.
- Connect with youth and parents weekly.
- Plan fun events through the year that encourage spiritual growth of students…retreats, Twins Game, Valleyfair, etc.
- Develop a yearly fundraising strategy along with the lead pastor.
- Bring students to Lake Geneva Christian Center for Junior High and Senior High weeks during the summer.
- Attend student events when possible.
- Council families with youth as needed.
- Develop a strategic outreach plan.
- Recruit community youth to be a part of the Bridge Church youth ministry.
Key Result Area (KRA) #3 Oversee all Children’s Ministry
Result Expected: Oversee the children’s pastor and children’s ministry teams.
- Work with the lead pastor to cast vision and leadership to the children’s ministry department.
- Ensure the children’s ministry team leaders are fulfilling their Volunteer Descriptions.
- Train children’s ministry team leaders to recruit and delegate other teachers/helpers.
- Oversee the early childhood director.
KRA #4 Relationship with Christ
Result Expected: To have a daily walk with God.
- Have a daily devotional time praying, and reading the Bible.
- Attend at least one leadership conference a year that will be paid by the church.
- Support The Bridge through the tithe and offerings.
- Not involved in pornography.
- Willingly submit to constructive criticism, not complaining or using excuses, but offering a suggested solution to any situation.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 5 to 7 years experience as a staff member in a ministry leadership capacity. The successful individual will be a self-starter, not requiring a great deal of supervision, with a solid work ethic and willingness to do what
it takes to get the job done. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as the ability to research and use a multitude of information gathering resources is a must in helping with the overall pastoral leadership of The Bridge Church.
A bonus is that you love to fish!