The Pastor of Family Ministries is responsible for the spiritual development of children, students, and their families at Ecclesia Hollywood church, in Hollywood CA. Empowered by the Lead Pastor, this leader will collaborate with the Children & Family Lead
Team to provide meaningful direction for the Family Ministries. S/he will have a heart for the discipleship of children, and mentoring & developing teachers and other volunteers.
This position is a ministerial function, and as such, the employee is designated as a Licensed Minister, and given the authority to exercise the services of a minister of Ecclesia Hollywood, including the ministration of sacerdotal functions, the conduct
of religious worship, prayer, spiritual encouragement, and the solemnization of Christian marriages.
• Develop an overarching philosophy of discipleship to be implemented collaboratively within children’s and student ministries – with developmentally appropriate outcomes directed toward spiritual formation, biblical education, and cultural and social relevance.
• Equip and encourage parents with training, studies, and coaching.
• Serve as the spiritual leader of Family Ministries, encouraging an atmosphere of
prayerful dedication and service – first to the Lord, then to each other, then to the
church as a whole.
• Develop curriculum that complements and mirrors what is being taught in the main
worship service and fits the focus, theme and mood indicated by the Lead Pastor.
• Provide prayer and spiritual encouragement for people.
• Schedule Sunday volunteers. Lead the team meetings on Sunday mornings.
• Inspire volunteer participation by recruiting new people to join the Sunday volunteer teams.
• Evaluate and enhance existing orientation and training programs for new volunteers.
• Meet with and direct the Children & Family Lead Team, utilizing the skills, ideas and energies of the team to accomplish agreed-on annual goals for the Team.
• Function as the conduit between Staff and Lead Team.
• Attend weekly staff meetings. Input appropriately into other ministry areas of the church.
Education / Experience:
(qualified candidates will have any combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.)
• Masters Degree in Spiritual Formation, Christian Education or a related field is preferred.
• Substantial (5+ years) experience working with children, students and families.
• Appropriate administrative knowlege and ability in terms of communication and day-to-day management of the ministry area.
• Experience in multicultural and intergenerational ministry
• Leadership / Teams experience
Please email cover letter and resume to Pastor Gary Clemmer at email@example.com.
Ecclesia Hollywood is online at www.churchinhollywood.com.