The Hayward Kid’s Ministry Leader leads, directs and organizes Kid’s Ministry at Cornerstone Fellowship in Hayward, coaching and equipping adult and student leaders to create an environment to reach kids for Christ and grow them spiritually.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Communication /Coordination: Ministry
- Provide facilities, trained leaders and resources for a safe and effective ministry to children (Infant – 5th grade) at the Hayward Campus. Ensure processes and systems are in place to reach children for Christ and develop spiritual maturity
that is Biblical and balanced (regularly reminding volunteers, parents & kids of the purposes, values, strategy, mission & vision of the church).
- Develop Children’s Ministry Leadership Teams- invite & equip volunteers to do the work of ministry while functioning as the leader of leaders. Coach Kid’s Ministry volunteer leaders- encourage and maximize effectiveness by regularly casting the values,
strategy, mission & vision of Kid’s Ministry through teaching, modeling, training, motivating and planning events.
- Facilitate the use of creative teaching styles in tandem with the curriculum (determined via the set ministry values of Cornerstone Kid’s Ministry) in a way that provides a unity across campuses, worship music, computer/tech equipment, large group teaching
(including drama, video, etc.), games & object lessons.
- Manage operations of Kid’s Ministry - budget, database, calendar, etc.
- Attend regular campus and all-church staff meetings as well as regularly scheduled Kid’s Leader meetings.
Communication/Coordination: Volunteers & Families
- Coordinate all avenues of communication to parents, kids & volunteers. Some of which may be:
- Weekly e-mails with ministry updates & assignment information (i.e. Planning Center, Cornerstone Central, etc.)
- Training videos
- Websites (cfkidsministry.org) and social media pages
- Vision meetings
- Take home curriculum connection via e-mail, website, & print (Parent Cue)
- Clear signage
- Regular e-mail with ministry updates
- Take Home Connection (GodTime Cards)
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A growing Christian as supported by a signed statement of faith from Cornerstone Fellowship.
- An ongoing display of Christ-like behavior, treating others with dignity, respect, compassion & integrity.
- Passion for sharing the Gospel with kids.
- Regular attendance in ministry and worship at Cornerstone Fellowship.
- Regular, timely attendance in the workplace.
- 2-3 years of relevant leadership experience.
- Familiarity with Mac OS environments.
- Microsoft Office Suite knowledge, including Outlook.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information.
- A growing Christian in the Cornerstone Fellowship Hayward community.
- Regular participation in a Community Group at Cornerstone Fellowship.
- Desire and ability to equip others to serve the Lord within the church.
- Must have multisite experience or comfortable working in a multisite environment.