Spring Valley Presbyterian Church is a community of sinners saved by the grace of God through Jesus Christ and inspired by the Holy Spirit. We seek to glorify God, nurture one another and express the love of God in word and deed by:
- Listening and responding to the word of God
- Listening and responding to those within the church and the community
- Being faithful stewards of God's creation and the gifts of time, talent and money
- Promoting spiritual growth through education, worship, prayer and fellowship
- Caring and providing for those in need
- Providing for the nurture and Christian development of children extending to each in the larger community the same dignity and worth we accord to those in our own community of faith
- Living our faith in such a way that others will want to unite with us in our worship and work
Spring Valley is the founding church of the Souper Bowl of Caring effort and is the home of a vibrant youth program that is the heart of the church's local/national/international mission program.
About the position
The Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and Families provides leadership and direction for a quality program of Christian nurture and education for children, youth and their families.
- Assist Sunday School teachers in providing spiritual, creative, ambitious and fun programs for children, with a focus on spiritual development.
- Recruit, train and equip adult volunteers for ongoing programmatic ministries, such as Strikers (3rd-5th grades), Children's Church, Worship Preparation and Vacation Bible School.
- Participate in the planning and leadership of special Sunday events, such as Celebration Sunday, Advent Festival, Celebration of Children Sunday, Holy Week, etc.
- Supervise the Nursery Coordinator.
- Direct the Youth Council and assist with youth self-leadership.
- Lead and implement creative, dynamic programs that reach out to youth – within the church and our community – that focus on discipleship and fellowship.
- Recruit, train and equip adult volunteers for ongoing youth activities and programs.
- Provide guidance and training for youth advisers.
- Develop creative ways for youth to participate in the life of the church.
- Plan summer mission activities both in the community and elsewhere, including international opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have a deep and living relationship with Jesus Christ, a call to minister to youth, gifts in leadership and vision, a bachelor’s degree and two years of youth ministry experience. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter and resume to the Rev. Ruth Roberts at email@example.com.