Position: Director of Music
Status: Part-time with potential to grow into Full-time
Reports to: Pastor
A strong youth and young adult music ministry must be spiritually grounded, focused, dynamic, and life changing. Music has long been a tool for leading people to Christ, for strengthening people’s faith, for helping people experience and
express themselves in worship, and for glorifying God. The goal of the youth and young adult music ministry is to bring glory to God and to be used by God to make committed disciples of Jesus Christ. The Youth and young adult ministry is also an opportunity
for persons involved in the program to experience ministry and community while growing in their faith. Music has been and will continue to be one of the hallmarks of this congregation.
The Director of Music/Musician will coordinate the Youth and young adult music ministries of the church including those consistent with a growing and dynamic community church. Duties involve training volunteers of all youth and young adults and overseeing
musical elements of special events or services. In addition to the responsibilities outlined here, there may be other duties periodically requested by the Pastor.
A degree in Music or Extensive Music/Director Experience working with youth and young adults under the direction and leadership of the Pastor. A deeply committed Christian faith, a genuine Spirit-filled life, and a teachable spirit are required. The Director
of Music/Musician must also be a team player dedicated to supporting and encouraging other staff as well as volunteers. Other qualifications include experience in managing youth and young adult choirs and exceptional people skills. A strong music knowledge
base, proficiency in music theory, and comfort operating in all worship styles is also required.
- Play and direct music for 11:00 A.M. worship service. This includes special and seasonal services with musical programs at both Christmas and Easter, etc.
- Play for and direct youth and young adult choirs.
- Recruit and train volunteers to help with children and youth musical programs.
- Assist in Vacation Bible School programming or other special music events as directed by the Pastor.
- Participate in staff meetings and other meetings as directed by Pastor.
- Complete Sunday order of worship each week in consultation with Pastor.
- Complete other music related duties as directed by the Pastor.
- The Director of Music is encouraged to attend any conference or workshop for continued professional growth approved, directed and scheduled by Pastor.
CHURCH LOCATION: HOUSTON, TEXAS