MOUNTAIN VIEW PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH WORSHIP LEADER JOB DESCRIPTION
Exempt Employee (10 -12 hours per week)
The Worship leader is to develop and nurture the heart of contemporary worship at Mountain View Presbyterian Church and to serve as a catalyst to lead the congregation into the presence of the Lord through worship experiences.
The worship leader is directly responsible to the Senior Pastor. Communication with be with the Worship Committee and from time to time with the Human Resource Committee.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Design, develop and direct our contemporary worship service.
2. Serve as the Praise Band leader.
3. Work collegially with Senior Pastor, staff and praise team to lead and coordinate our modern worship service in music selection, performance, drama and video.
4. Oversee sound and media systems
5. Hold one practice session with Praise team per week.
6. Lead one worship service per week and attend other planning and administrative meetings.
7. Recruit new talent from inside and outside church and, train volunteers for music worship
1. Possess vocal and worship leadership skills.
2. Strong knowledge of computer and video programs is required to support our technically based service.