First Baptist Church Jacksonville, FL
Digital Media Producer/Editor
Position Title: Digital Content Producer Position Classification: Full Time Exempt
Reports To: Executive Pastor of Communications
Position Summary: The Media Producer/Editor is responsible for feature stories, service creation, sermon bumpers, and weekly Around FBC JAX segment from concept to delivery. This person must possess strong story-telling skills with a passion to tell stories
in an innovative and compelling fashion.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult and collaborate with creative team and ministry leaders to develop and produce creative, story-telling projects.
- Conceptualize/create sermon bumpers.
- Locate photo and video for creative supplements to the pastor’s weekly sermons when needed.
- Create unique audio, visual, and text elements to enhance stories and /or worship services.
- Schedule, capture, and edit stories for FBC JAX and those impacted by FBC JAX
- Create, procure, and/or prepare creative elements needed for worship services.
- Develop and cultivate the skills to produce videos (write, shoot, edit) as needed or assigned.
- Produce stories that will enhance the sermon for 60 minute broadcast.
- Prepare and upload digital content to support the digital platforms for website, media archives, and social media.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the latest media technologies in video editing through personal study.
- Possess the ability to work quickly and efficiently, often under time constraints.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to perform off camera interviews
- Edit high end content in Avid Media Composer and other software.
- Maintain management of the SAN storage.
- Ability to shoot with DSLR cameras
- Assist in or lead video shoots as needed.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- College degree or at least 3-4 years experience in related field
- Advanced knowledge of professional edit systems such as Avid Media Composer
- Skilled in Adobe Photoshop and After Effects
- Ability to work well with people
- Must be self-motivated
- Possess an understanding of the Christian work environment
- Must align with FBC JAX mission, ministry focus, and values.
- Possess a desire to learn more about media and ministry
- This position requires flexibility in the work schedule to accommodate weeknight/occasional weekend work is needed. The editor must have a good sense of storytelling, as well as demonstrate good editorial judgment, use of video, music/FX, and graphics in
a variety of appropriate styles i.e. traditional, high energy, and experimental. This person should have basic competency in professional video cameras and composition and be able to shoot when required.