Children’s Ministry Director --
Days/Hours: Approximately 20 hours/week with expected increase for summer VBS
- Sundays: 4.5 hours paid, expected attendance of 1 hours worship service
- Office hours to be coordinated with Pastor.
- Staff Meetings: Bi-weekly staff meetings
- Christian Nurture Committee Meetings: Monthly
“Love God, Love KIDS” is our motto. We teach three core principles in the children’s ministry-- God made us. God loves us. Jesus wants to be our friend forever. Discovery Kidz -- babies to 5. We use Orange’s “First Look: Curriculum.
Our lessons are media driven, with directed play and activities, and outdoor time on our newly renovated playground. We also have a modern, colorful and newly renovated Kid’s Zone. We seek someone who wants to have fun but also is passionate about sharing
and showing the love of Jesus Christ to our littles ones.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and recruit volunteers, arrange schedules, snacks & supplies, curriculum .
- Equip volunteers: Coach volunteers in their responsibilities.
- Partner with parents: Encourage them to teach spiritual principles in the home.
- Plan: In addition to Sunday morning, provide events like VBS, quarterly date nights, Easter Egg party, Trunk or Treat (fall festival), and more.
- Reach out: Find new ways to draw in community children.
- Communicate: Inform volunteers and parents through multiple methods.
- Train: Partner with the “First Look” specialist to better prepare the volunteers/parents in using the Orange curriculum.
- Grow: In spiritually (prayer, worship, Bible study). Pray daily for the ministry & volunteers.
- Worship: Weekly and be involved in the NEPC community to build relationships.
- Report: To the head pastor and partner with the Christian Nurture Committee in planning.
- Love God, Love Kids
- Have a deep faith in Jesus Christ and be continually maturing in Christ, as well as being able to share Christ with others.
- Have the experience to teach children. Children’s ministry leadership experience preferred.
- Have communication skills both personal as well as use of social media and texting
How to Apply:
Please submit your application via email to NEPCNextGen@gmail.com, or by mail to 4400 Shore Acres Blvd NE, St Pete, FL 33702.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary.