Bethany CRC's Vision
Bethany CRC is committed to the five major purposes of Christ's church: worship, fellowship,
discipleship, service and witness. We will intentionally structure our life together, including the
work of our staff, to assist one another in fulfilling our commitment to:
- Magnifying God (Worship)
- Membership in Christ's Church (Fellowship)
- Maturity in Christ (Discipleship)
- Ministry to others (Service)
- Mission in the world (Witness)
The Worship Leader will be involved extensively in worship and witness seeking to provide
worship experiences that are seeker sensitive. These seekers may include those who have never
heard God's message of salvation, those who have not yet accepted His invitation, those who
have drifted away from Him or those who have become disillusioned by the institutional church.
The Worship Leader will utilize the gifts of current members and other outside sources to develop
worship experiences that involve multi-sense, as well as communicate the gospel inter-culturally
as well as inter-generationally.
Direct Supervisor: Senior Pastor
1. Possess leadership and administrative skills that allow for the coordination of the planning
and act of worship.
2. Possess interpersonal skills that enable team ministry to occur.
3. Demonstrate competency in utilizing technical equipment (ie. sound board, mixing,
projection equipment, software programs).
4. Be an accomplished instrumental musician with the ability to lead worship with the
keyboard or guitar.
5. Be competent in leading worship through the spoken word and other liturgical actions.
6. Be creative to enhance the worship and teaching experience.
Minimum Education / Experience Required
- Possess an educational background, or experience in coordinating corporate worship in a Christian denomination, specifically with a Reformed accent.
- Bachelor’s degree in music, worship or related field preferred.
Desired Personal Characteristics
- Be fully devoted to God and His Church and be committed to expressing that devotion through worship.
- Maintain a vital, maturing walk with God.
- Be committed to worship that is creative, visionary, flexible and diverse.
- Will model love, faithfulness, availability, teach ability and obedience.
- Will grow in leadership and ministry skills through personal and corporate reading, reflection and academic study.
General Duties & Responsibilities
1. Shall be responsible for planning, coordinating and leading worship every week.
2. Shall be Chairperson of the Worship team and assist in formulating the worship budget
and working toward meeting the objectives of the Worship Team's annual plan.
3. Shall oversee sound and video team and responsibilities including recruitment and
4. Shall actively pursue excellence in worship through networking, attending conferences,
and studying to be reforming in worship.
5. Shall be a worship resource and provide support for Vacation Bible School (VBS).
Miscellaneous Employment Terms & Conditions
- Position is a part-time position with salary commensurate with experience & education.
- Position is hourly. 15-20 hours per week.
Interested candidates please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org