FELLOWSHIP OF HUNTSVILLE CHURCH WORSHIP PASTOR
Location: Huntsville, Tx
Position Objective: To provide pastoral leadership to the worship ministries of Fellowship of Huntsville Church.
Position Description: The worship pastor will be the “producer” of each worship service and special programs. Although the Senior Pastor is the “director” in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the worship pastor will oversee and coordinate
all the details that a service encompasses. The worship pastor must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship pastor is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires others to join in the pursuit of that vision.
This position is a pastoral one that therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical or performing arts director but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry.
1. A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
2. Commitment to moral purity.
3. Commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of Fellowship of Huntsville Church.
4. Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader, i.e. has grown a music ministry over the past few years.
1. A pastor as well as a musician. This does not mean ordained.
2. A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
3. Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a large church in worship.
4. Skilled in choral, vocal, and instrumental direction.
5. Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
6. Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, ProPresenter, and video projection.
7. A self-starter.
8. A team player with a positive attitude.
1. Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading and study, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and fellowship.
2. Evangelize in our community by developing relationships with people so as to be personally effective in pursuing the Great Commission and helping the church to do the same.
3. Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of Fellowship of Huntsville Church.
4. Plan the corporate worship services of Fellowship of Huntsville Church in consultation with the Senior Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects
of the service advance the theme for the day. Oversee song and choral selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, and dramatists.
5. Serve as lead worshiper in all worship services.
6. Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services.
7. Provide pastoral care of and take spiritual oversight for the worship teams and choirs.
8. Introduce our worship teams and choirs to worship training provided by other ministries, books, and conferences.
9. Plan major seasonal and/or outreach musicals/dramas two to three times per year. Find and plan other ways to use music to reach out to the community evangelistically.
10. Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.
11. Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
12. To maintain a set amount of office hours determined by the elder body.
13. Build an audio / visual team and provide oversight to the audio and video ministries of Fellowship of Huntsville Church.
Salary Range: $40,000 - $50,000
Job posting closing date: March 1, 2017
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org