Berea First Baptist Church in Greenville, SC is seeking a part-time Piano Accompanist/Music & Worship Associate.
The Piano Accompanist/Music & Worship Associate is responsible to the Worship Minister in the needs of the Music & Worship ministry. This primarily includes musical accompaniment in services and rehearsals. This position is also considered a leadership
role among church members and volunteers in the Music & Worship ministry.
Berea First Baptist Church's Music & Worship Ministry is musically diverse, with a desire to praise God with the use of all styles of music. Our corporate worship gatherings are led musically by choir, praise team, modern rhythm band, and orchestra. Our
goal is to respond to the revelation of God's Word in worship using the talents and abilities that He has gifted to our church in various styles and genres.
1. Play the piano/keyboard weekly for all Sunday services; Wednesday Night Bible Study and Student Ministry events, as requested.
2. Provide service music, as requested, by the Worship Minister.
3. Be present to accompany all Choir/Praise Team and Band/Orchestra rehearsals, as well as any scheduled, special ensemble rehearsals, as requested.
4. Attend regular Worship Staff meetings.
5. Assist in planning worship services, rehearsals, and special events, as requested.
6. Commit to practice time and preparation outside of services and rehearsals.
7. Accompany any special services and events (funerals, weddings, conferences, etc.) held at the church or outside the church, as requested.
8. Assist with and/or lead rehearsals and services for choirs, band, and orchestra as needed, in the absence of the Worship Minister.
9. Provide leadership to church members/volunteers in the worship ministry, as well as develop apprentice/discipleship relationships with volunteer musicians within the church.
10. Participate in the life and ministries of the church beyond the scope of the worship ministry.
- Compensation is based on experience.
- Must be a born-again believer in Jesus Christ.
- Affirm the SBC's Baptist Faith and Message.
- Ability to sight read well, as well as play expressively and creatively in rehearsals and services.
- Be called to serve in a ministry role alongside the Pastor, Worship Minister, and entire church staff.
If interested, please send your resume to Trevor Coleman at TColeman@bereafbc.org, or to our mailing address: 529 Farrs Bridge Rd. Greenville, SC 29611