The Student Pastor is responsible for organizing and overseeing the student ministry (Middle/High School). The Student Pastor will develop proper leadership where students learn principles from God’s word as they develop into fully devoted disciples of Jesus
Ministry Area/Department: Family Ministry
Accountable To: Operations Pastor
Responsibilities/Duties of Position: (includes but no limited to)
- Plan and organize weekly age-appropriate ministry including both large and small groups.
- Develop discipleship opportunities for students.
- Use church-wide serving opportunities to engage students in the life of Springwell.
- Create outreach/evangelistic opportunities for students.
- Develop a student-focused Follow-Up Plan.
- Pray regularly for students, parents, and volunteers.
- Work with Operations Pastor to select or develop the curriculum for students.
- Organize, facilitate, and recruit volunteers for “The Crossing” (5th and 6th Grade Sunday Morning Ministry)
- Advertise, recruit, train and develop teams of leaders and volunteers.
- Communicate weekly to team leaders and shepherd them accordingly.
11. Communicate clearly with students, parents, and volunteers.
12. Attend staff meetings and leadership meetings.
13. Provide constant supervision of students at all times with the appropriate number of volunteers.
14. Actively participate in the lives of students through social interaction at
their school and activities.
- All staff are asked to remember that no matter where you go, you represent Jesus Christ and Springwell Church
- Timeliness is of the utmost importance. Regular office hours are below.
- Monday-Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Sunday: 8:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- In addition to major church events, staff may be asked to be in attendance at other events.
- All paid staff of Springwell Church are expected to participate in a Growth Group.
- All paid staff of Springwell Church are expected to consistently tithe 10 % of their income as an example of leadership to the church body.
- An attitude of cooperation, love, unity, and team ministry is expected at all times. Job descriptions are not meant to limit your responsibilities, only clarify them. As staff, we embrace all aspects of the church, not just our “departments.”