This position is primarily responsible for establishing and maintaining accurate and efficient financial practices, processes, records, files and financial reporting procedures church-wide.
Classification: Exempt; Salary // Status: Full-Time (40 Hours/Week) //
Team: Operations // Supervisor: Executive Director, Operations, Kim Kosar
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & Responsibilities
- Monday – Friday (start/end times are flexible)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and execute virtually all day-to-day finance and accounting requirements;
- Daily bookkeeping entries and chart of accounts management;
- Management of accounts payable and credit card processing;
- Oversee weekly offering and special campaigns, ensuring proper financial controls;
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations, close processes and reporting;
- Administration of industry permits, licensing, and regulatory requirements;
- Coordinate with outside firms (credit union, banks, attorneys, auditors, etc.);
- Maintain cash flow controls to meet obligations;
- Prepare and manage the annual master budget; and
- Provide financial staff support to the Finance Team, Executive Team and Lead Team.
- Effective volunteer management is essential to be successful in this position. Must be able to create a positive God-centered serving opportunity for all finance volunteers, while also bringing a sense of importance to each task performed
Other duties may be assigned or altered as needed by Executive Director of Operations.
TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY, INDIVIDUAL SHOULD DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING:
- Problem Solving | identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional
- Interpersonal Skills | Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Organizational Support | Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports church’s goals and values.
- Judgment | Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Quality | Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
REQUIRED CRITICAL SKILLS, TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- 4-year college degree with relevant focus
- Minimum 3 years paid accounting and/or bookkeeping experience
- Experience working with accounting software
- Exceptional MS Excel skills
- Experience working with MS Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with Quickbooks, Concur and/or Church Community Builder
- Professional qualification such CFA/CPA or similar
- Experience working in a church environment
- Knowledge of non-profit and/or church laws and regulations
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk and will occasionally be required to do some light lifting (up to 10 pounds).
PERSONAL LIFE REQUIREMENTS (POST HIRE)
- Model biblical understanding and maintain a consistent personal devotional life;
- Model biblical commitment and become a covenant member of Rock Point Church;
- Model biblical family life before the body and regularly attend worship service with your family;
- Model biblical integrity and conduct personal life in a manner consistent with RPC core values;
- Model biblical community; and
Model biblical generosity and financially support Rock Point Church.
To apply for this positon please go to http://rockpointchurch.com/jobs/