The person we are seeking will oversee our family ministries with their primary purpose of bringing discipleship our youth and children's ministries. Other ministries can be added based on gifting of the person.
This opportunity includes providing the vision, providing the leadership training, and serving of the ministries from birth through high school, as well as related family ministries such as parent support and family special events. We are ‘faith
begins home’ church, and the person filling this position must have an understanding of this core value as it relates to serving our families. You will serve our church by leading our volunteers and / or being directly involved in nursery ministries, children
and youth ministries, and parenting ministries. You will serve by recruiting, scheduling, modeling, educating, setting up our volunteers up for success. You will seek to provide a safe, spiritually enriching and educational environment for the children and
youth participating in these ministry programs in order to help them develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Essential Duties and Tasks
- Reports to the Senior Pastor.
- Recruits, completes background checks on, trains, and manages the schedule of volunteers
- Ensures there are sufficient trained volunteers in place to meet the particular needs of the scheduled programs; aligns backup/emergency volunteers in the event of unforeseen schedule changes/circumstances; teaches when necessary to fill unmet volunteer
- Fosters a positive environment that attracts, retains and motivates volunteers
- Work with the pastor in regard to vision, and curriculum.
- Plans, coordinates and participates in community outreach events throughout the year for both the children and youth ministries with the direction of the lead pastor
- Coordinates and develops the youth program
- Plans events throughout the year for parents, youth and children.
- Oversees children and youth ministry budgets
- Maintains excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with church leadership, staff, volunteers and congregation
- Other duties as assigned
- A solid personal relationship with Jesus Christ who is noted as consistent in their discipleship.
- Four year college degree preferred, but not essential
- A desire to teach, mentor, and disciple children and youth with a creative passion
- Track record of building healthy volunteer teams.
- Ordination / certification preferred with an aligned denomination or church network (not necessarily Assemblies of God, but not doctrinally conflicted with Assemblies of God).
- Prefer 2-3 years of experience but are willing to take chance on a young passionate and creative leader
- Prefer married person, to help with relating to family.
- Must be a team player and work well with others toward a common vision
- Exhibits a responsible professionalism by a conscientious work ethic, a well groomed appearance, a stable mood, ability to hold confidences, passionate eye toward detail, a caring heart toward those entrusted to your care, self-starter in regard to vision,
and willing to be accountable.
- If otherwise employed, must be available for Sunday and Wednesday services, special events and staff meetings.
Want to learn more or be considered for the position?
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org