Position Summary: Oversee the Middle and High School Ministry departments and teams, strategically creating environments where students are welcomed, loved, challenged, and empowered.
As the StudentLife Pastor, you will ensure that the purpose and direction of the student ministry aligns with the mission, vision and values of First Christian Church. You will work with your team to craft and cast vision for the future of student ministry
at FCC. You will have oversight of high school and middle school students, and hands on instruction and guidance for the staff and volunteer teams. You will think strategically about the evangelistic growth of the student ministry, while continually developing
both student and adult leaders. You will be an important member of our growing Family Ministry team, working alongside our children’s ministry team to develop a holistic plan to help families grow in faith together. You will actively engage parents to create
partnerships that multiply spiritual impact by “bringing it home”.
Defining the “Win"
Your success will be measured in:
- Translating and implementing the vision and mission of the church into student ministry.
- Increased numbers of student baptisms. Increased numbers of students in groups.
- Increased numbers of students serving/volunteering at FCC and in the community.
- A growing and thriving volunteer team.
- Implementation of a strategic plan that bridges the gap between student ministry and college ministry, connecting graduates to a “next step.”
The Most Important Things You’ll Be Responsible For
- Overseeing and empowering the StudentLife staff team, providing training and guidance.
- Recruiting, growing and developing the StudentLife volunteer teams, empowering them to be successful and effective leaders who pour into students.
- Evaluating, crafting and implementing a vision for student discipleship that will help them take “next steps” in their faith and spiritual development.
Some Important Qualities We Value In This Role
- Strong communication and leadership abilities.
- Self-starter, able to thrive in a high accountability, low management environment.
- Ability to share the Gospel in a clear, simple and creative way.
- A clear understanding of and commitment to FCC’s mission, vision and values.
- Team leader, able to inspire student ministry team to work together to achieve excellence.
- A passion for and understanding of the Orange philosophy of ministering to and equipping the whole family - students and parents.
- Experience and savvy with technology and communicating through social media streams.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Team player, able to work effectively alongside other staff team members to accomplish goals.
- Exude fun and creative energy.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Dedicated Christ-follower, living out the same commitment to personal discipleship and evangelism that you’ll teach and lead students and families to develop in their own lives.
- At least 3 years of proven success working with middle and/or high school students in a ministry setting.
- A college degree from a 4-year accredited institution (preferably a seminary degree) is desirable.
How to Apply
Submit a resumé with references and cover letter in PDF format as well as videos of you teaching in a student or adult setting (if available) to Ryan Rasmussen (firstname.lastname@example.org).