Lake Grove Presbyterian Church in Lake Oswego, Oregon is looking for a fun and capable full-time High School Director to lead a vibrant Christ-centered ministry for the youth and to guide and equip them on their faith journey.
TITLE: High School Director
ACCOUNTABILITY: The High School Director reports to the Director of Youth Ministries
WORK SCHEDULE: FT, Generally Sunday through Thursday
This position requires a broad skill set including the versatility to relate well to youth and families in both playful and professional settings, teach, lead worship, counsel, plan, budget, create, and communicate well. The ideal candidate should have a related
college degree, considerable experience in youth ministry, understand the makeup of church structure, and have strong organization, time management, and communication skills. This well-rounded, relational disciple-maker will support LGPC’s mission and core
values as he/she gives attention to evangelism, discipleship, and leadership training.
Exudes a deep and enthusiastic love and commitment to Jesus Christ and His Bride
Energized by working with youth and their families
Elevates others to positions of leadership in line with their spiritual gifts and talents
Eagerly devotes attention to both evangelism and discipleship
RESPONSIBILITIES, TYPICALLY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Lead The Well high school youth group meetings.
· Be the primary teacher; biblically sound and culturally relevant
· Lead worship and/or empower student worship leaders
· Create weekly plan for high school youth group
· Facilitate small group ministry
· Provide questions to small group leaders in advance
· Track and report attendance
· Keep the DYM informed weekly about direction of The Well
Equip and maintain a team of adult volunteer leaders.
· Recruit adult leaders and equip them to be shepherds and mentors
· Nurture relationships with staff to support and encourage them in their ministry to students
· Provide resources, articles, and training to help volunteers be successful in shepherding and small group leadership
Build relationships with students.
· To encourage them in their faith and discipleship in following Jesus
· To draw on their gifts and provide them leadership opportunities
· To be in a position to counsel them in situations that arise
Establish rapport with families in the youth ministry.
· Establish a regular pattern of communication with parents
· Build positive relationships with the families to which we minister
· Listen to and address concerns of parents graciously and competently
· Provide resources for parents and families involved in the youth ministry
Integrate students into the larger life of the church and other LGPC ministries
Cooperate with area youth ministers for on-campus presence and fellowship
Coordinate with the DYM to plan and launch an annual student mission trip, its fund-raising efforts, and on-going local mission opportunities
Plan special events that enhance the ministry vision and student community
LGPC: Lake Grove Presbyterian is a large, established, neighborhood church that is in an exciting and challenging season of transition and innovation. Unmoved is our commitment to Christ. LGPC has had a presence in beautiful Lake Oswego,
a middle-to-upper class suburb of Portland, Oregon for over 92 years. LGPC has four distinct worship services for its 1200 members and 200 youth.
OUR VISION: To be a caring community alive in Christ
OUR MISSION: To get changed through our relationship with Jesus Christ.
To get connected through our commitment to the people of Christ.
To get going through our commitment to the work of Christ.
OUR CORE VALUES:
In Jesus Name,
We passionately preach the timeless truth of God's Word.
We eagerly experience God through awe-inspiring music.
We compassionately engage the hurting.
We joyfully and intentionally disciple children and youth.
We faithfully walk beside our mission partners.
We seek to accomplish this mission by being a church that...
Exalts God in inspiring worship,
Encourages one another in supportive fellowship,
Equips our people for ministry through ongoing learning, and
Extends the love of Christ both locally and globally.
Qualified applicants, please submit a letter of introduction, resume, and personality assessment such as Strengths Finder or Myers Briggs to:
LGPC HSD Search
4040 Sunset Drive
Lake Oswego, OR 97035