We are seeking a Director of Student Ministries to lead a comprehensive ministry with youth in grades 6 through 12. This person will lead all aspects of our student ministry, to include:
- Be a relationship BEAST
- Plan with an outreach orientation
- Create, implement and evaluate vision for Student Ministry, including deep integration of student and adult ministries.
- Communicate the Middle and High School programs to the congregation and community.
- Partner with parents of Middle and High School students by maintaining good communication and involving parents in ministry opportunities.
- Oversee the planning of MS and HS Sunday School
- Recruiting and providing ongoing training to volunteers.
- Deliberately building relationships with students, their families, and the broader church body.
- Providing pastoral care to youth and their families.
- Equipping and supporting parents by any available means.
- Making use of technology to create effective forms of communication to the youth, their parents, church body, and local community.
- Personal connection with the staff, culture, mission, and vision of Hopkinsville FUMC.
- Unquestionable integrity and transparency.
- A deeply spiritual, growing, Christ-like life. (Continually moving a step closer to Christ.)
- Proven leadership success with staff and volunteers
- Deeply personable and attractional (a person people want to be around).
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Excellent computer and technical skills.
- Excellent communication ability with people inside and outside the church.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in youth ministry