First Federated Church exists to be a community of believers that Loves God, Loves Others and Makes Disciples.
First Federated Church has a long, rich history of biblically rooted teaching, family oriented programming and an excellent music ministry. The church has many active small groups and membership is represented by a wide range of ages.
We are presently a ministry of 500-750 members in the midst of an exciting transition, as we are currently replanting our ministry to a new facility in the suburb of Urbandale, Iowa. This move, along with our commitment to biblical teaching, worship and
disciple-making has First Federated on a path to successful growth.
First Federated Church is seeking a Worship Pastor/Director who will bring a fresh, energetic passion and vision to the ministry, with a strong foundation in planning and leading a congregation in worship.
Responsibilities and Duties
Weekly Worship Services
- Lead a diverse community of followers to engage God through musical worship by creating an inviting, worshipful atmosphere that helps people connect to and respond to God, utilizing a broad range of musical styles
- Recruit, develop and disciple volunteers who participate in the worship ministry
- Lead and direct all aspects of Sunday morning worship services, including oversight of the Media Team
- Attend weekly prayer and staff meetings
- Perform other ministerial duties, as assigned
- Be actively involved in church-wide events such as monthly prayer gatherings, congregational meetings, service days, etc.
- Maintain scheduled office hours
- Develop, manage and operate within a yearly department budget
- Manage equipment, instruments and music, including copyrights adherence
- Must have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him
- Must have a cooperative and teachable spirit
- Must be in complete agreement with the church’s doctrinal, mission and vision statements
- Must meet the qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:2-7 and 1 Peter 5:2-3
- Must demonstrate a willingness to be a servant leader, Matthew 20:25-28
- Must possess integrity and a strong commitment to moral purity
- Must understand that God is the primary audience and that the worship leader’s job is to lead a congregation to focus on and proclaim the excellences of God
- A bachelor’s degree in music, instrumental, vocal or church music is desired, but not required
- Training in Bible is also desired, but not required
- At least 3 - 6 years of experience leading a worship ministry
- Must possess demonstrable vocal and instrumental skills
- Must be able to read and write music charts
- Proficiency with guitar, keyboard or both is highly desired
- Must demonstrate clear leadership and organizational skills
- Must demonstrate a relational temperament, able to work well with people from all generations
- Must have solid written and oral communication skills
- Experience with video editing and/or graphic design is desired
The Greater Des Moines area is a fast growing community with a population of 742,000. Forbes magazine recently ranked it as the 6 th best place to raise a family with top rated public and private schools, making it an attractive community for those who choose
to make it their home.