To oversee all facets of the youth ministry and to lead volunteers in implementing the vision of First Baptist Church. This individual needs a passionate heart to build relationships with teens while challenging them to grow deeper in their
walk with Jesus Christ. We want teens to develop a Godly worldview and become grounded in their faith so they will positively impact their world for Jesus Christ.
- We desire for our youth pastor to have had experience leading and being a part of youth ministry.
- One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- One who can provide leadership and creativity to a growing youth ministry, while executing the mission and vision of FBC.
- One who is gifted and is called to youth ministry, loves young people and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
- One who is an engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with FBC’s statement of faith.
- One who is a self-motivated leader, and possesses relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
- Lead and organize effective youth programs, implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
- Recruit, train and shepherd volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
- Manage Communication with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Support parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff.
- Manage the development and oversight of the youth ministry budget.
- Demonstrate active involvement in the support and development of the overall church ministry.
- Being intentional in connecting with students on Christian and public school campuses. (example lunch, athletics, Bible Studies, etc.)
- This is a full-time salaried position with a full benefits package.