New Hope's mission
We exist to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus
NEW HOPE STRATEGY
Knowing and Following Jesus on a personal level.
Living in obedience to God’s Word.
Sharing the love of Jesus with others.
The worship pastor of New Hope is responsible to lead and engage the congregation in worship. This role will serve to help develop the culture of worship for the church. The worship pastor is responsible for training and shepherding worship team vocalists
and band members as well as overseeing the worship portion of services, including music selection, elements, and arrangements. Additionally, this person is responsible for the worship aspects of the church service and oversees the key components for the overall
feel, aesthetics, and health of the church. The worship pastor collaborates with the Executive Leadership Team to ensure consistent quality, creativity, and theology.
- Be a Bible-believing, Spirit-filled Christian.
- In agreement with the doctrines and values of New Hope church. (visit pacificecna.org/about-us for doctrine info.)
- Able to lead the Worship Ministry of New Hope towards Connecting with God,
Growing in their faith, and Reaching others for Jesus.
- Demonstrates self-motivation and organizational skills, including ability to delegate to responsible individuals, give clear vision and direction and work well with others.
- Able to clearly determine goals, objectives and budgetary requests.
- Able to develop leaders and volunteer teams that are fully qualified to serve the Lord by serving one another.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of full time ministry experience as a Worship Pastor at a church of at least 800.
- A working understanding and an interest in the latest trends in worship music.
- Agreement with Staff Standards and Policies.
- Team Player and works well with current staff and volunteers
- Demonstrate love and loyalty to the church.
- Faithfully practice a personal devotional life.
- Must attend worship services regularly and participate as an active member of New Hope.
- Oversee leading worship for weekend and special services (staff meetings, funerals, etc.)
- Lead rehearsals and worship for all weekend services.
- Oversee the Associate Worship/Tech Pastor who oversees all areas of production (video, audio, light, sound, and staging).
- Recruit, build and train teams instrumentally and vocally.
- Provide musical growth paths to instrumentalists/vocalists and offer a consistent evaluation process for growth.
- Shepherd and mentor staff and volunteers serving in the worship ministry.
- Experienced with Planning Center, Ableton-Live, and recording software.
- Select and chart songs for services and input them into Planning Center.
- Lead weekly creative team meetings and planning.
- Deepen the understanding of worship to staff and volunteers.
- Plan, lead, and produce at least two nights of worship a year.
- Oversee the Worship Arts annual budget
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with New Hope’s vision and mission
- Be open to change and the shifting of responsibilities as growth and ministry develops
- Attend weekly meetings as needed
- Attend conferences (as budget allows) for continued development in leading worship and for spiritual renewal.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- A strong gift for leadership and developing leaders.
- Strong vocal skills, instrumental skills (prefer guitar or keyboard), and arranging abilities.
- Effective public speaker
- Have a deep understanding of sound, lighting, and video in order to be able to work creatively and collaboratively with the Associate Worship/Media Pastor.
- Proven success at multi-tasking, time management, and prioritizing.
- Relational skills and a passionate presence and heart for leading worship.
Other Staff Involvement
- Meet regularly with the Service Planning Team to coordinate the Weekend Worship Services within the Family Ministry strategy of New Hope.
- Attend all Staff and Council meetings.
- Assist the Senior Pastor and other staff in the overall ministry of the church.
Supervision and Evaluation
The Worship Pastor is accountable first to the Executive Pastor, second to the Lead Pastor, and third to the Pastor-Parish Committee.
Work Hours, Compensation
- Full Time
- Salary commensurate with experience
To apply, send resume, with a video link of applicant leading worship, to firstname.lastname@example.org