Director of Worship Ministries
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Schedule: Full Time Salary
Purpose: To assist in shepherding the flock (whole church) and to lead the church in worship ministries.
General description: The Director of Worship Ministries (DWM) will be expected to work alongside the ministry staff; ministry staff at Lighthouse Community Church (LCC) are expected to be interconnected and dependent. This includes providing
direction and care for the church body as a whole but with an emphasis in worship ministries.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Is REAL (Reliant on God ~ Emptied of self ~ Authentic relationships ~ Light of the world) and helping others Get REAL
- Actively living a life of worship, connecting with other believers authentically, growing, and willing to serve in ministries outside of their designated ministry.
- Healthy family life: leading and loving spouse and discipling children (if applicable).
- The possession of some mix of the following gifts: visionary leadership, teaching/preaching and training, relational networking, disciple-making, communication, creativity, wisdom, strategic planning, delegation, love for people, and fun-loving.
- Ability to lead vocally and preferably play an instrument. Also be able to read music and direct other musicians.
- Teachable – willing to see weaknesses and grow through them.
- Model a Christ-like attitude and lifestyle
- The ability to be cooperative and show humility in working with the ministry team.
- A passion for evangelistic impact through: relationships, building community through groups, discipleship and mentoring, and developing people’s gifts.
- Through experience and education, adequately equipped to give excellent leadership in all areas of ministry responsibility.
- The possession of the qualities of church leaders (as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1), as well as the fruits of the Spirit (as described in Galatians 5:22-23).
- Solidly recommended by adequate references.
- A personal affirmation of the EFCA Statement of Faith and a willingness to abide by the LCC By-laws and covenant.
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience in worship leading and seeking degree.
- A male director will have the opportunity to become a Pastor with completion of certification in the EFCA.
A life marked by:
- An intimacy with God that balances freedom and spiritual disciplines.
- A growing walk with Christ that balances truth and love.
- A balanced view of self, valuing own strengths and the strengths of others where you are limited.
- A continued development of gifts, insights, and abilities as a leader.
- Loving integrity in relationships.
- Authentic two-way communication with others.
- Transparent accountability with one, or a few, same-gender believers.
- Mentored by one, or a few, same-gender believers.
- Faithful, intimate, servant relationships with your family (if married).
- Loving, servant relationships with the un-churched and unsaved.
Worship Ministries - Area Responsibilities
The DWM is responsible for leading the church in worshiping God. This ranges from the Sunday morning corporate worship experience, to special events and services.
- Pray for your team.
- Oversee worship ministry.
- Assure ministry systems, structures and programs align with LCC’s mission and vision.
- Evaluate the ministry and measure its effectiveness making necessary adjustments to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Plan and implement Sunday worship.
- Plan, prepare and implement new series artwork – work with Lead Pastor in determining the vision.
- Oversee stage and church theme design (bulletins, set design, etc.)
- Coordinate with pastors about special in-service events: Baptisms, child dedications, testimonies, etc.
- Prepare for worship practices (picking music, printing music, scheduling team members, etc.).
- Prepare Pro Presenter for Sunday worship
- Work with Lead Pastor to create a service order for Sunday service.
- Create sermon slides, song slides, announcement slides, etc.
- Lead Sunday morning meeting with pastors and all worship ministry personnel.
- Lead the worship service Sunday morning.
6. Prepare the CCLI reports.
7. Oversee the sound booth and personnel.
8. Plan and implement special worship events:
- Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Christmas (Adult Service, Kids Program, Christmas Eve), Worship Night, Outdoor Service, Celebration Nights, etc.
9. Be responsible for the Worship Ministry budget. This includes Worship Equipment, Live Stream, and Worship Service Supplies.
- Prepare an Annual Report for the congregation.
- Be accountable for all spending and turn in receipts / credit card reports.
- This position will have responsibility over Worship Petty Cash and Conference budget.
10. Keep the stage and worship storage areas clean and in order.
11. Encourage and equip your team; recruit and train worship team members.
12. Develop and lead a youth worship band.
13. Assist the Lead Pastor with weddings and funerals.
- Refer to policies and procedures.
14. Oversee church ushers, name tag greeters, and sanctuary greeters.
15. Develop and implement a prayer team.
16. Meet weekly with the Lead Pastor.
17. Other duties as assigned.
Director – Area Responsibilities
The DWM will be expected to share in developing overall church vision, carrying-out plans to achieve that vision, and providing pastoral care for the church body as a whole.
- Staff planning sessions and weekly staff meetings.
- Participating in church-wide events (conferences, members meetings, etc.).
- Biblical counseling opportunities.
- Hospital visitations.
- Engaging as a team player with the Ministry Staff under the supervision of the Lead Pastor. This includes:
- Working cooperatively with the Support Staff.
- Working an amount of hours that is appropriate for a full-time ministry position, being diligent and conscientious about your work, but honoring your more basic commitment to your family.
- With respect to all ministry responsibilities, be accountable to, and report directly to, the Lead Pastor, according to a schedule worked out with him.
6. Meet regularly with Lead Pastor for goal setting and evaluation.
7. Graphic Design, technology, and website oversight for the entire church.
We anticipate your duties as the Director of Worship Ministries will make up about 75% of your job. How you spend the other 25% will depend on your unique skills and gifts. For example, you may have responsibilities in areas such as missions, outreach,
communications or graphic arts.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.