ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties, in addition to these may be assigned.
Next Generation (Nursery – High School)
- Proven ability to recruit, develop, and empower adult and student leaders
- Committed to the Orange Strategy. (whatisorange.com)
- Able to communicate with students, leaders, and parents.
- Work with leaders to develop Discipleship process for Next Gen.
- Develop a consistent Youth Service.
- Be a presence within the community, the students’ schools, and their extracurricular activities.
- Plan activities, mission trips, retreats.
- Equip students for participation in the ministry of CCOH.
- Recruit, train, provide oversight and schedule Praise and Worship Teams, including team leaders, instrumentalists, vocalists and technical support teams. (media/video, sound, staging)
- Play keyboard and/or guitar, and sing excellently leading worship music in the blended to contemporary model.
- Choose worship songs and create chord charts that incorporate the skills of volunteer musicians and vocalists.
- Grow the Worship Music Ministry in quality and participation.
Supervise and coach volunteers in the Next Generation & Worship Ministries
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- An Undergraduate Degree preferred. (experience considered)
- 2 years of experience ministry experience. (including Internships)
- Proven, effective troubleshooting experience.
- Experience in and strong understanding of the musical arts and artistic communities.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exhibits an abiding relationship and commitment to Christ evidenced in his/her personal life, family relationships, and ministry so as to be an example and leader to others.
- Possesses strong relational skills
- Effective at shepherding and team building, with the ability to lead with a spirit of discernment.
- Possess an ability to clearly and effectively communicate with volunteers of all types.
- Ability to communicate and establish effective working relationships with all levels of people, conveying a genuine concern for their needs and a desire to provide exceptional service.
- Possess strong organizational and project management skills.
- Oversee the finances of ministry areas.
- Experience with PlanningCenter Online and ProPresenter Software.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write routine correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate verbally with church members, vendors, and other employees of the organization, using proper
grammar without dialect or slang. Ability to speak effectively before groups.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems efficiently and effectively while maintaining good working relationships.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or
move up to 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The building is multi-level with several sets of stairs, but is handicap accessible and equipped with an elevator. It is a nonsmoking environment.
- Cover Letter - explaining why you desire to be considered and why you feel you would be a good fit at CCOH.
- Explanation of your philosophy of ministry
- 3 references
- Video of Worship Leading (links acceptable)
- Photo - include spouse and children (if applicable)