The Associate Pastor for Discipleship is responsible for the leadership and development of the discipleship ministries of the church for all age groups with the exception of students in grades 5-12. He will oversee the maintenance of the church buildings
and grounds, direct the custodial staff and oversee the administration of the church database.
Candidates for this position must demonstrate a practical and integrated understanding of the Scripture and possess the ability to apply it in leading, teaching and preaching. They must have a vital growing spiritual life and be involved in personal evangelism
and discipleship. They should possess a passion for and experience in making disciples who make disciples. They should have demonstrated success in leading effective adult small groups and preferably have experience in directing effective children's ministries.
- Work with other staff members and all ministry leaders involved in the discipleship ministry of the church to develop and execute strategies that help believers become fully devoted followers of Christ.
- Oversee the preschool, children (< 5th grade) and adult discipleship ministries.
- Enlist, train, and mentor volunteers to lead and/or serve in discipleship ministries.
- Coordinate major church-wide outreach and discipleship events.
- Leverage social media, the internet and other evolving technology to promote and develop outreach events and discipleship ministries.
- Oversee the administration of the church database.
- Assist with church outreach, guest follow-up and assimilation.
- Assist with pastoral care and counseling.
- Participate from time to time in the preaching/teaching ministry of the church with the Senior Pastor.
- Oversee the management of the church buildings and grounds including supervision of the church custodial staff and coordination of all ministry teams related to the buildings and grounds.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Undergraduate or post graduate degree in Christian education.
- Previous experience in vocational Christian ministry.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.