Go to www.shilohumc.com/career_opportunities to see the job description.
Shiloh United Methodist Church – 5261 Foley Rd. Cincinnati Ohio 45238 – www.shilohumc.com
Shiloh United Methodist Church is seeking an organized, energetic and talented candidate to fill this part-time position as
Modern Worship Coordinator. The right candidate will join the Worship Design team and provide leadership, discipleship, organization and excellence to the 11am Modern worship experience at the Delhi campus. The Modern Worship
Coordinator will report to the Lead Pastor.
The Mission of Shiloh Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- Work with the Lead Pastor and Worship Design Team to develop powerful, transformative and creative worship experiences.
- Identify, train, deploy and support unpaid servant teams: Media, sound, video, ushers, greeters, worship hosts, stage design, etc.
- Grow, develop and support all of the worship servant teams through recruiting and training both inside and outside the church.
- Disciple, Supervise, organize and disciple all worship team members and servants and provide direction, accountability and support.
- Be the spiritual leader of the Worship Team making sure that every interaction is an opportunity for discipleship.
- Provide oversight and accountability to the modern worship budget.
- Oversee the worship presence on the website via a web team – video editing and posting, live-streaming, social media, etc.
- Build a music ministry – not just a band. A music ministry will have depth and rotation, will be constantly recruiting and training, and will have the gifts of flexibility and excellence along with the ability to serve on either campus.
- Work with the Lead Pastor and Worship Team to develop special worship experiences outside of the regular Sunday experiences.
- These include but not limited to: Ash Wednesday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter, Pentecost, VBS, Upward Celebration, district events, Christmas Eve, etc.
- Provide music leadership for Wednesday’s at Shiloh and other church events as needed.
- Work with the Student Ministry team to develop the “next generation” of worship leaders.
- Other duties as required.
- Models standards and expectations of staff members within Shiloh Church including worship attendance at Shiloh Church, life group participation, lifestyle of tithing and generosity, and faithfully serving out of your call and giftedness.
- Bachelors Degree in music or related experience preferred.
- Ability to read music, understand music theory and lead and teach others
- Minimum of 3 years of deep and committed faith in Jesus Christ and service in a local church.
- Staff or Servant leadership positions in a church, religious organization or non-profit including supervision of paid and unpaid staff.
- 1-3 years of worship leadership experience.
- Experience in managing a budget and creatively funding ministry.
- Proven track record of system and team building.
- Natural leader
- Musically gifted and able to teach others
- Strong organizational and communications skills.
- Computer literate and able to learn and teach others
- Familiar with current sound, video and media techniques – willing to become self taught to teach others.
- Build systems and processes to accomplish stated goals.
- Identify, equip, deploy and support teams of unpaid servants.
- Time commitment
- We estimate that this role can be well served with approximately 25-30 hours of intentional focus including time spent inside and outside the church building although, some seasons may require more or less time.
- Flexibility with work hours is a big benefit of this position.
- The needs of the church are the primary driver of how time should be delegated.
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle.
- Considers this position a ministry, not just a job.
Submit cover letter and updated resume to Pastor Dave Hood – firstname.lastname@example.org