Greater Mt Zion Baptist Church
1. Heart for Children
2. Gift of Teaching
5. Team Development skills
1. Develop and oversee a comprehensive plan for Children’s Ministry.
a. Develop and oversee new ministries in line with the mission and vision of our church.
b. Partner with parents and the community to meet the needs of our children.
c. Develop a vision for our children to be involved in the community.
2. Oversee Children’s Ministry team members.
a. Provide leadership, spiritual oversight, and coaching for ministry team members.
b. Develop a Children’s Ministry recruitment strategy to recruit and maintain volunteers for all areas of children’s ministry.
c. Provide resources and training opportunities for volunteers to minister to children.
3. Oversee ministry and discipleship areas of the Children’s Ministry.
a. Oversee Promise Land.
b. Oversee Club 45.
c. Oversee Children’s Outreach.
d. Oversee volunteer management.
4. Develop and oversee Children’s Ministry Summer Camp.
a. Organize summer camp with age-appropriate skills development.
b. Recruit leaders to facilitate the summer camp.
5. Oversee Children’s Ministry Special Events and Activities.
a. Oversee Parent’s Night Out.
b. Oversee Fun Day.
c. Oversee Children’s Ministry Open House.
d. Oversee the planning of holiday and annual activities.
6. Oversee all administrative functions of the Children’s Ministry.
a. Oversee Children’s Ministry calendar and budget.
b. Oversee the distribution of curriculum and supplies.
c. Create systems to upgrade the security and safety of our children and team members.
d. Screen and conduct background checks of potential team members.
e. Communicate regularly with parents and team members regarding schedules, events, changes.
6. Oversee Children’s Ministry component of family ministry.
a. Work with family ministry leadership team to develop home centered family ministry model.
b. Research and/or write curriculum for grade levels.
c. Recruit and train facilitators for classes.
d. Develop celebration ceremonies for each class.
e. Establish guidelines to evaluate and measure the effectiveness of family ministry.
f. Work with Student Pastor to create alignment between student and children’s ministries to support families.
g. Partner with parents in the spiritual formation of their families to create missional families.
h. Build and maintain relationships with parents.
8. Actively pursue continuing education through attending seminars, conferences, and classes that would strengthen the ministry.
9. Develop a process to periodically review the Children’s Ministry curriculum to ensure it meets our vision of image-based, interactive learning.
10. Minister to those under the Children Director’s oversight in times of bereavement or loss and celebration or accomplishment.
a. Communicate losses and illnesses with church administrative assistant.
b. Call and pray with members.
c. Attend funerals.
d. Make hospital, nursing home and home visits.
e. Attend special events like graduations, ceremonies.
11. Lead or participate in a small group.
12. Live according to the moral qualifications of elders in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
13. Do anything else deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.