St. Mark’s Episcopal Cathedral (http://www.stmarkscathedral.net/) in Shreveport, LA, is seeking a
full-time Director of Family Ministries. St. Mark’s is an exciting 1300 member congregation with a rich history full of great energy and excitement for the future of family ministry. The Director of Family Ministries oversees and directs the
children’s and youth ministries by developing a comprehensive vision for the ministries, supervising the Director of Children’s Formation, and ministering directly to youth (grades 6-12) and their families through Christ centered programs, activities and relationship
building. Key responsibilities for the position include:
- Developing and evaluating the short and long term vision for children’s and youth ministries.
- Recruitment and training of dedicated and faithful teachers and leaders
- Faith development and growth of children, youth and families through: fellowship, mission, Bible study, relationships, and church involvement.
- Building and enriching relationships with children, youth, and parents of St. Mark’s.
- Fostering relationships between children, youth and the congregation as a whole.
- Taking the ministries out of the church and into the community.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7-10 years experience in youth ministry, at least a Bachelor’s degree and an exceptional understanding of adolescents and families. Please submit your resume and cover letter to Laura Addis firstname.lastname@example.org.