Bailey Christian Church is set in a rural context in West Michigan’s orchard/fruit ridge area. Though we are located in a small town, we are a church that has a vision well-beyond the size of our town. We average in the mid-400’s in two services, with
over 60% of our attendance involved in small groups. One of our primary goals has been to reach young families with children/students, so we have a strong emphasis on youth and family ministry. We also have a thriving Upward basketball ministry that includes
300+ young people from k-6th grade. Our heart has been to have an impact on our community and world for Christ so that it could truly be said, “This place is better because BCC is here!”
We are seeking candidates for the position of Youth Minister who understand that youth ministry is not a “silo,” but is part of a the overarching mission of the church. Thus, we want someone with a team mentality. Ultimately we are looking for someone
who loves young people and believes this generation holds great potential for God’s kingdom.
Our long-range goal is to see a church planting movement started in West Michigan that targets other small towns nearby and extends both north to Traverse City and south to Grand Rapids (the M-37 corridor). We believe God wants to do big things in small
towns (and big cities, too!), and we are passionate about seeing thriving communities of Christ planted all around this region.
- Oversee, develop, grow and minister to middle school, high school and parents of students
- Oversee ministry to and connection with college age/young adults to help with strong transition to adult life
- Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities
- Recruit, train and shepherd volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities
- Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement
- Maintain an active social media presence to effectively communicate with youth/parents
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries (e.g., working closely with Children’s Minister to continuity/unity
in ministry focus)
- Participate as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry
Other duties as required.
- Stay current with youth ministry practices by reading, attending youth leadership conferences, etc.
- Become involved in the community and be visible at schools, community events and other functions
- Reports to: Executive Pastor
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life
- Possesses a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in ministry/youth or family ministry
- 3-5 years experience in youth ministry
- One who is capable of creating and executing a long-term vision for youth ministry
- An engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with Bailey’s statement of faith and vision/mission
- A self-motivated leader, possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff
- Administrative experience and an ability to organize multiple groups and effectively oversee and develop leaders
Contact: Send resumes and references, as well as, the results of any leadership style or personality tests you may have done in recent years to Curt Nordhielm (Executive Pastor) at
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Bailey Christian Church, 17635 Pearl St., Bailey, MI 49303. If you have questions, you may also call the church office at (231)834-5919.